Kotare teaser - it's a Bf 109K!

mozart

As a 109 guy I'm very excited about this news. I've built several Hasegawa K-4s and have several more but it really does need a lot of AM so in the end the price will probably be comparable, with hopefully an easier and more accurate result. I would guess the G-10 will follow since it's pretty similar. Lots of really interesting late-war schemes. I was just about to get back to a Hasegawa K-4 that I already have riveted. It's going to be harder to do with this news.

Good times,

Jay

Just now, tucohoward said:

As a 109 guy I'm very excited about this news. I've built several Hasegawa K-4s and have several more but it really does need a lot of AM so in the end the price will probably be comparable, with hopefully an easier and more accurate result. I would guess the G-10 will follow since it's pretty similar. Lots of really interesting late-war schemes. I was just about to get back to a Hasegawa K-4 that I already have riveted. It's going to be harder to do with this news.

Indeed!  That is what I really find interesting about the late war K models.

3 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Pleased it’s been announced, and will definitely be getting quite a few 

surprised at the choice, but it will sell in bucket loads

also surprised in that once they decided on a 109, this was the one they went for; indeed of all the WWII variants it’s the one I would have thought the *least* likely.

those citing the Zoukei-mura 109 as the reason they didn’t choose the G-6 ‘family’ are very wrong in my (worthless!) opinion - there is near zero overlap / cannibalisation risk, because unless you absolutely must have an engine and all else be damned, I’ve seen enough from Kotare to realise that whatever the subject, it will be far superior to anything Z-m would churn out.

i am trying to put Kotare in touch with Lynn Ritger since they reached out for ‘experten’ (sic) - he is about to release a book on the technical development of the 109 covering *all* variants, and I’m not aware of anyone who knows more about the plane.

Lynn has been involved in the development of this kit for some time already.

6 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'll be one that certainly goes for a nice K-4, whereas I haven't (and won't) bother with the Spitfires.

2 minutes ago, D Bellis said:

Agreed 100%. 

Same, same on both fronts. Not that I don't like Spitfires, I just am not as attracted to them since I've never modeled a 109 for myself.

Just now, Mark_C said:

I've long thought the 109 (any and all versions) fell out of the ugly tree, hitting every branch on the way down.  So I think I'll skip this one . . .

I kind of thought that too at first......but have gown to find some models very interesting, mainly the colorful late war models.

1 minute ago, Out2gtcha said:

I kind of thought that too at first......but have gown to find some models very interesting, mainly the colorful late war models.

I think the 109 is unrivalled for its choice of camo finishes, whereas Spitfires tend to be green & brown, which isn't the most striking of paint schemes. I love the famous 109 in North African camo

ry0QxG.jpg

Just now, DeanKB said:

I think the 109 is unrivalled for its choice of camo finishes, whereas Spitfires tend to be green & brown, which isn't the most striking of paint schemes. I love the famous 109 in North African camo

ry0QxG.jpg

You'd need really good camo, too, if you were as ugly as that thing.  Big dumb spindly legs, looks like a spavined duck.  Ugh!

For those of you guys who are actually interested and want to elaborate on the published renders. Please note the following :

• asymmetric cowling,
  • that small , but prominent bulge on the tail wheel door,
  • cowing/fuselage transition detail,
  • front canopy shape,
  • lower mid. wing, with the vents and gun ejection ports,
  • prop blades and the spinner
  • the curvature of the fuselage where it transitions into the cockpit section.

Those are the things that Hasegawa does not have.

I would love to see the inner gear door detail, including the actuator arm/bracket.

Edited by Martinnfb