New Kotare kit for late 2024 announced

Borsos

Mmm. I had better start sketching Su-15TM Flagon and NF Mosquito aircraft. 

Banter aside, is there an announcement date set or is it destined to be eternal rolling conjecture?

I'm more of a "being there" type of person rather than enjoying the journey. 

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
premature posting

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

Banter aside, is there an announcement date set or is it destined to be eternal rolling conjecture?

Tony 

Afraid Tony it’s a complete guess and wish- a-thon. There was a hint of a grande reveal at Telford of something to complement their Spitfire. But so far a big fat donut. 

Edited by Pup7309

6 hours ago, Tony T said:

Tony 

I get it @Tony T. Not everyone enjoys pages of speculation. If not it is probably best to regularly check the manufacturer’s website as whatever they do, it will appear there or on their FaceBook pages first and ahead of our forum. Your wish-list is as valid as anyone else’s though!. :D

4 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Afraid Tony it’s a complete guess and wish- a-thon. There was a hint of a grande reveal at Telford of something to complement their Spitfire. But so far a big fat donut. 

@Pup7309 They absolutely did hint at that. The flight from NZ to UK and back across a weekend is a tough turnaround however so i get why they have backed away form that.

@thierry laurent - yes he did paint a Do17. Hmmm, I can feel another mock-up coming on… :D

At the end of the day this is all just a bit of fun. The ships have no doubt long sailed for Kotare for their next releases but, at least for me, it is an enjoyable part of the spectrum of what we do as modellers to ruminate on what may be coming. 

kind regards,

Paul

4 hours ago, Archimedes said:

I get it @Tony T. Not everyone enjoys pages of speculation. If not it is probably best to regularly check the manufacturer’s website as whatever they do, it will appear there or on their FaceBook pages first and ahead of our forum. Your wish-list is as valid as anyone else’s though!. :D

@Pup7309 They absolutely did hint at that. The flight from NZ to UK and back across a weekend is a tough turnaround however so i get why they have backed away form that.

@thierry laurent - yes he did paint a Do17. Hmmm, I can feel another mock-up coming on… :D

At the end of the day this is all just a bit of fun. The ships have no doubt long sailed for Kotare for their next releases but, at least for me, it is an enjoyable part of the spectrum of what we do as modellers to ruminate on what may be coming. 

kind regards,

Paul

The jet lag would be massive especially on way back. It’s more than a 15hr leg back from the Middle East across various time zones. They won’t know where they are

23 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

The jet lag would be massive especially on way back. It’s more than a 15hr leg back from the Middle East across various time zones. They won’t know where they are

Indeed. Not to mention the cost. Airfares, accommodation, ground transport, food, entertainment, and then the cost of transporting stock and promotional material, and dumping left over stock at ridiculous prices to avoid having to bring what’s left back. Yes, likely all tax deductible, but it all has to be paid for first. And the gain from the exercise? Their kitsets are already in the market, well known, and I’m sure they have distributors established. A nice junket perhaps, but probably not in the early years of setting up a business. I think I can understand them staying put and continuing with product development. ;)

Edited by Pete Roberts

1 hour ago, Pete Roberts said:

Indeed. Not to mention the cost. Airfares, accommodation, ground transport, food, entertainment, and then the cost of transporting stock and promotional material, and dumping left over stock at ridiculous prices to avoid having to bring what’s left back. Yes, likely all tax deductible, but it all has to be paid for first. And the gain from the exercise? Their kitsets are already in the market, well known, and I’m sure they have distributors established. A nice junket perhaps, but probably not in the early years of setting up a business. I think I can understand them staying put and continuing with product development. ;)

Spot on Pete. This is not WnW.

Kind regards,

Paul