New Kotare kit for late 2024 announced

Borsos

1 hour ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I agree with your list for the most part. Do you consider the -109E early? The Cyberhobby /Dragon -109E is very nice. If I were a betting man I'd be putting my money on a Hurricane [early]. Just a gut feeling I have though a Lysander would have me doing cartwheels around the block [I need another kit like a hole in the head]

No, to me the Cyberhobby 109E kit is a premium quality kit. Kotare could not easily compete with it. Look at the quality, price and this is with an engine! I thought of the Jumo versions mainly used in Spain.

Viewed from my model bench, WnW had a distinctive, consistent, Great War aircraft focus, albeit dominated by British and German types - who knew about their Lancaster BI/III project? Many WnW releases were of aircraft previously unknown to me and most had no equivalent in the market.

Has Kotare stated an equivalent focus or mission? 

1 minute ago, Christa said:

Viewed from my model bench, WnW had a distinctive, consistent, Great War aircraft focus, albeit dominated by British and German types - who knew about their Lancaster BI/III project? Many WnW releases were of aircraft previously unknown to me and most had no equivalent in the market.

No as they are not financed in the same way with a choice of topics driven first by the passion. Kotare must earn money to stay!

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

No as they are not financed in the same way with a choice of topics driven first by the passion. Kotare must earn money to stay!

Exactly this. I don’t know what their scope is in genre but it could be anything from a Bleriot monoplane to F18 Jet

5 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Exactly this. I don’t know what their scope is in genre but it could be anything from a Bleriot monoplane to F18 Jet

6 hours ago, Christa said:

Kotare said they would not be limited to one era nor aircraft type. @thierry laurent’s list is relevant as I agree the types listed are either not covered at all or have a so-so kit if the subject.

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

The Lizzie could be one of the non-mainstream topics as a Defiant or a Firefly. But we need to be patient as I'm sure such topics will not be part of their first releases.

I totally agree it is a valid subject but that it would almost definitely fall into the ‘niche subject’ rather than the ‘money spinner’  category (for which read WWII single engine fighters). 

Kind regards

Paul

They are going to want a subject that brings in the coin ,they have done the early MK 1 ' s so if they are on a replace an old kit with a new one method and one modlers will go ape over then its a mk VC all day .Thats if they are in Spitfire mode still , now i now its an eye roller but the 109 g-6 is a candidate simply because the revell kit is not a world beater and not everyone wants full internals like the ZM kit . Also they are not going to do anything to esoteric as they just dont have the bank roll for that type of project so expect something fairly standard . Hving said that i wish they would just cut the WNW secert squirrell  release type BS and just get on with it and announce what they are doing . You dont create a buzz keeping people quessing for long periods it tends to get annoying . I bet we will still be playing this game in 6mths still . Have fun Wayne

We can be fairly certain it is a propellery monoplane.

Unless it's the aforementioned airfield accessory set, which might include a dispersal hut with armchairs and a bell. 

I doubt biplane or jet, or chunky single engined plane like a Battle or Defiant, but still think a Schneider Trophy winner is a possibility. 

Whatever Kotare do, we've got the 2024 release schedules for Revell, ICM, Airfix et al coming out in six weeks or less, so hopefully there will be something more definite to discuss.

Tony 

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

We can be fairly certain it is a propellery monoplane.

Unless it's the aforementioned airfield accessory set, which might include a dispersal hut with armchairs and a bell. 

I doubt biplane or jet, or chunky single engined plane like a Battle or Defiant, but still think a Schneider Trophy winner is a possibility. 

Whatever Kotare do, we've got the 2024 release schedules for Revell, ICM, Airfix et al coming out in six weeks or less, so hopefully there will be something more definite to discuss.

Tony 

Schneider Trophy winner? Or Schneider Trophy a/c? Now there’s a nice thought. Several examples still extant, and a nice Spitfire connection as well. That would open my wallet…

Well i hope its a p40, theres heaps of types and all allied nations used them, plus theres a few in NZ to look at too, thank god its not another boring spitfire.The money makers are the p40,s and so too the Hellcats and p47,s ,theyd have to watch out for ZM with the mustangs and fw 190,s as ZM will be doing closed up versions as well as the super wing ones.

2 hours ago, mark williams said:

Well i hope its a p40, theres heaps of types and all allied nations used them, plus theres a few in NZ to look at too, thank god its not another boring spitfire.The money makers are the p40,s and so too the Hellcats and p47,s ,theyd have to watch out for ZM with the mustangs and fw 190,s as ZM will be doing closed up versions as well as the super wing ones.

That is a good thought Mark. I have just bought the Hasegawa P40E kit from @Martinnfb (who is great to deal with btw!) and whilst it is a lot simpler than the Tamiya Spitfire MkIX for example that does not make it easy to build. In classic Hasegawa style it is generally beautifully engineered with nicely done panel lines but, due to Hasegawa trying to get the most from its molds, it has some ‘interesting’ kit engineering in the after section of the fuselage. It also suffers from some less than stellar inserts where panel lines and rivets do not match up. See this phenomenal build of Neville Duke’s AK578 by @nmayhew Nick Mayhew to see what I mean. 

Another mocked up Kotare box top just for you @mark williams showing Darryl Legg’s earlier, highly energetic style. We can but hope!

gy3DXj.jpg

Kind regards,

Paul