New Kotare kit for late 2024 announced

Borsos

5 hours ago, Christa said:

I wouldn't buy a flight of Ansons, but I will have a flight of Spitfires when the early one arrives. I might buy a pair of Hurricanes. I doubt my Kotare purchase profile is unique.

That is a fair point Chris and many of us are alike in that. I now have two Kotare Spitfires (and likely will crumble for the early Mk1 to do a 19 squadron aircraft and a Vb if/when they do it) but I’d probably only buy one Anson if ever it were available. 

That is the conundrum facing model companies: to do enough of the money spinners we are all familiar with to have a profitable business whilst making enough of the ‘interesting’ niche stuff to hook us fickle modellers into a particular brand. 

Richard Alexander is coming from a highly informed view point to be able to make those decisions: he ran his model shop for years before running WnW and now Kotare so he’s seen, from multiple angles, what sells and what doesn’t sell. 

Whatever Kotare do, I wish them the best of luck. They have made a great first impression.

kind regards, 

Paul

33 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

So that’s 2 guaranteed sales :beer4:

4 if I have a few potato based beverages and decide that a bit of whiffery in the form of an RCAF Snowbirds and an RAAF Roulettes scheme might look fantastic in the Ikea cabinet.

Mind you, if I only bought one,  I'd probably beat the wish/want/ purchase ratio of a P-51 B. That's the advantage of being a bit odd :)