Tecnikit, mind blowing aftermarket

Kagemusha

22 hours ago, Tony T said:

Why so much detail for the Su-27 when we don't even have an available canopy fix for the kit?

Reminds me of ResKit's more reasonably priced A-7 empennage. Fix the canopy issue  first please! 

Tony

That reminds me of the old saying about there being only two types of men... maybe its true for model builders as well.

Modellers who are interested in rear ends, and modellers who are interested in front ends ^_^

/N

On 8/30/2023 at 6:32 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

As nice as they are, I'd have to put those prices in the "gouging" category.

Kev

Oh they truly are. I'd end up paying more for the engine than what I paid for my Mirage III! Gee just like real jets, the engines are the most expensive items on the airframes usually. Art imitating life I guess. I wish I was in the position to be able to afford these, doesn't mean I would get them [ see Thierry Laurent's posting  of which I agree with]

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thank you very much for your interest. I saw the discussion on Google and I think I can contribute something to the debate.

Years ago who for me is a great craftsman of polyurethane resin in aviation parts, already had to intervene also in a couple of similar debates about the expensive prices. What I found very sad is that a so magnificent modeler, after explaining the cost of the resin, the failures that forced to repeat the models, the need to remake the molds because they were spoiled over time, etc... end his remarks with a tone in which he seemed to almost apologize.

I bought him not just a detailed one. I bought him several. And I didn’t regret doing it. My model reminds me every time I look at her.

But... I’ve always had the illusion of buying a kit of a Japanese Navy cruise ship made by an artisan in Japan. When he told me his model cost more than 700 euros, I realized I couldn’t afford it. But it didn’t even occur to me to criticize him or take it badly. His work was worth it.

Injection model manufacturers sell thousands of units a year worldwide, while is not the same the sell of detailsets. And not all modelkits and detailsets have the same quality.

Some of our pieces have taken months of research and 3D design. We have received congratulations from other manufacturers for the precision we seek and often get. All our family of jet engines for example, is at this moment the best in quality in the world. What price is correct fot this ? And for you ?

We started by making parts for our own models. We calculated the costs ( we’re not in China ). And our most complex and accurate kits are the most expensives.

Thierry Laurent has explained very well the complexity and the processing time. And we can see that he knows what this 3D printing is all about. I do not go into detail explaining the problems of aberrations produced by 3D, problems with supports, machine failures, clean the pieces... that is "the easy part".

As regards the intervener who explains that there are cheaper resins, of course there are. But not for the machine and resolution between layers that we use. At 25 microns we need the double of expositions of laser and double time. One of our models requires 30 hours of printing time.

About the fear of starting a climb, it should not because the qualities are not the same, as the modeler for whom we design is not the type of majority modeler. But that is other debate and my message is too large.

I am very grateful for all the contributions you have made. I think all of you have correct points of view from diferent approaches.

And yes, most of our kits are for Su-27. Give us time, we have just started ;). If you have assignments that we see might be of interest, we will study it.

tecnikit.com

Edited by Tecnikit

If they produce something I need and the quality is there I will purchase no question.So I don't get to buy 2 more kits that I don't need. I will have an awesome engine on the one I have. The problem is for me I have already purchased all the SU-27 engines sets I need from Aires. Now if that magical Sea Flanker ever materializes then we can talk.

Thank you very much for your comments.

As I told you each model costs us months of work.

We are finishing the BMW003 engine for some Me-262 models that will be ready by October.

We will surely make variants of some of our current kits for the Su-30 or Su-35, since great part of the structures are the same.

But we would like to make one or some Pratt & Whitney engines. The models we have in mind are the F-4, F-104, F-15 and F-22. We will take your comments in mind. The F-15 may be a good idea, but we are not sure whether to make the engine from the first models or from the updated version.

As I told you, if you have specific ideas we will study them. And a firm order is always an incentive to start a new line of work.

Tecnikit.com