Tecnikit, mind blowing aftermarket

Kagemusha

This first test has the nozzle connector to the fuselage clean of details to observe that it is printed without aberrations. Especially important to avoid steps between layers in the curvatures very common in 3D printing.

We show the pictures with the resin yet something wet and not completely dry, of the model inmediatly after been taken out from his first test. Little tweaks must made but the result was extraordinary thanks to good foresight at the design stage.

As you can see, the thickness of the panels is precisely scaled, which makes them almost transparent to the light. This effect lets you see in the right image the accuracy of the overlap between adjacent panels.

PW229F15.webp

Edited by Tecnikit

On 4/14/2024 at 9:05 PM, allbann said:

I'm so going to buy those F-15 Exhausts.

What I really would like you to make for the Tamiya F-15 is the movable intake ramps, super detailed and the some seamless intake tunnels/tubes (or what ever it is called).

Allban:

I was looking the airintakes.

As I told another user on this forum, the smooth fuselage parts for the moment are not our type of work. We focus on pieces that by excess of detail or miniaturization, make 3D something essential.

Zactomodels style with traditional molded resin would be more appropriate, although I have seen that at the moment he has nothing for the F-15.

I’m sorry. I wish I could say yes, but I can’t give you another answer at the moment.

Javier Povedano

Tecnikit

Thanks for the answer. I can understand that.

it would be nice with some super detailed wheel wells, tamiya have them moulded on to the intakes, which is a pain to deal with.

your exhaust looks fantastic, I'm definitely buying a set

3 hours ago, allbann said:

Thanks for the answer. I can understand that.

it would be nice with some super detailed wheel wells, tamiya have them moulded on to the intakes, which is a pain to deal with.

your exhaust looks fantastic, I'm definitely buying a set

Interesting.

Do you feel F-15 gear bays are necessary?

With most of the gear doors closed in normal operation not much is visible. 

Could some side wall inserts suffice :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again !!

We have decided to extend the nozzle line of the PW229 with 3 dismantled panels as we did with the Saturn Al-31 of the Sukhoi 27.

Su27NozzleUnassembled4.png

Thus the 2 versions with outer petals ( with open and closed nozzle ) have now 2 sub-versions ( full petals or with 3 dismantled petals ).

We take the opportunity to indicate that we are already working on the adaptation of these nozzles to the F-16.

Posted (edited)

Hello again !!

The whole series of nozzles and afterburners for the PW-229 has been completed, in the absence at the moment of other versions of afterburners with external detailing.

Many of the parts have been redesigned again. As can be seen in this design for the F-16, the height of the rivets has been somewhat exaggerated, ( around 0.5 mm. )  and ridges or edges have been placed on the tilt changes at the end of the nozzle ( 0.5 mm ). The intention is that being true to the scale, the rivets could have been covered with a second layer of paint, so we have exaggerated them so that they can be marked with dry brush behind the general layers.

In the case of ridges, as modelers we know that it is difficult to create contrasts and much more metallized and if the surface is inclined. This is why these rivets serve as containment dams to the different tones, or they can be highlighted with dry brush to highlight the limits of each tone. In any case these details can be sanded without problems if the modeler don't want them, as there are no other details in relief in that part that can be damaged.

PW229%20F16%20AFTERBURNER%20closedpetals

Now we have all the combinations of the PW-229 with open and closed nozzles, with composite petals or without them, with some of them disassembled or not, with or without afterburner, and for the F-15 and F-16 aircrafts.

Pareja2.webp

In the case of the F-16, it was necessary to design the fairing on the back of the fuselage that covers the end of the afterburner. We consider it very important to reproduce the very fine space between the fairing and the nozzle, to give the maximum sense of reality.

We also announce that a new discount policy is already active on our website. This applies with modelers in mind and not distribution companies buying multiple identical units.

These discounts apply to twin-engined aircrafts, not just for the purchase of for example 2 identical nozzles. It also allows to combine some nozzles and others of different versions whenever they belong to the same plane.

For more details, a special page explaining possible combinations for this discount can be consulted:

https://www.tecnikit.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=page&id=32

Edited by Tecnikit

I noticed that the option to not have the basrelief is missing from a couple of the nozzle variants:

F-100 PW-229 open Nozzle and Afterburner for F-16

F-100 PW-229 closed nozzle for F-16

F-100 PW-229 closed nozzle and afterburner for F-16

They look really nice but I wish you would reconsider your pricing slightly - A nozzle set for the F-16 costs about the same as the entire kit...

10 hours ago, Zola25 said:

I noticed that the option to not have the basrelief is missing from a couple of the nozzle variants:

F-100 PW-229 open Nozzle and Afterburner for F-16

F-100 PW-229 closed nozzle for F-16

F-100 PW-229 closed nozzle and afterburner for F-16

They look really nice but I wish you would reconsider your pricing slightly - A nozzle set for the F-16 costs about the same as the entire kit...

Yes, the option without NO PUSH will be active in that options in a few days. Has been a lot of work the change in the web with so many options and the new discount rules.

About the price, yes sometimes the price of our pieces is higher than the models. You can see our explanation in the page 2 of this topic. Basically we’re not looking to sell more. We’re looking to sell the best quality possible. And that means production costs far higher than other manufacturers.

To relate the price of these pieces with that of the plastic modelkit would seem logical. But it loses logic when you see that a model of F-104 goes from 100, later to 60 and later to 120 euros. We do not base the price on demand. I assure you that I would like to give you satisfaction and have you as a customer by lowering the price. But we can’t.

Posted (edited)

On my photos of the F-15 there is "no push" on the sides, like you have and there is a "No Step" on the top of the engines. 
will the No step be an option like the no push?

Edited by allbann

7 hours ago, allbann said:

On my photos of the F-15 there is "no push" on the sides, like you have and there is a "No Step" on the top of the engines. 
will the No step be an option like the no push?

I wasn’t sure if I’d put it because the pictures I have didn’t show up. Now that you mention it’s there. But it’s very erased. In other F-16 picture is very clear.

It will not be a new option. The "NO PUSH" option will include the upper "NO STEP".

I’m glad you’re picky.

Just before reading your message I was seeing in Google a detailed nozzle for F-104 that advertises that serves for the A, C and G. And this PW-229 order was made by a modeler who explained that somebody is selling a nozzle PW-220 as if it were also a PW-229.  :D:D

I take this opportunity to point out that while we make the detailed exterior of the afterburner for PW-229 as additional option, we will test a new 3D for the cockpit of F-104 A with lighting.

@Tecnikit I have a question about your F-16 F-100 PW-229 nozzle when its fully open

In your kit it seems like the petals open up like a funnel so it has a wider diameter at the exhaust end than at the root end - but on pictures of the real thing it does not seem to open up that wide but rather stays slightly narrower at the exhaust end.

PW229%20F16%20openedpetals%20new.webp

pw_f100-229-1600x900.jpg?rev=a1fdd8c875e

abf.jpg?m=1370980566

Hi Zola25. 

If you do a search for images of F-16 jet nozzle it will throw up pics showing the nozzle in various stages of dilation. 

These variable petals allow the opening to alter depending on various parameters. The aftermarket one depicted here is fully open. The two that you showed in your reference shots are in afterburner so the aperture is more closed. In some instances the mouth of the jet would be even less open. 

HTH

Posted (edited)

I thought the were fully open in afterburner but it seems not to be the case. I found this image as well which looks very much like the Resin part 

aby.jpg?m=1371908184

Edited by Zola25