Tecnikit, mind blowing aftermarket

Kagemusha

F104%20J79GE3%20NOZZLE%20new.webp

We have completed the correct nozzle of the F-104A of Italeri in 1/32, which is also correct for the F-104B, the YF-104 ( pre-production model ) and the NASA NF-104. https://www.tecnikit.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=239

It corresponds to the engine J79-GE-3, of which it is very difficult to find information.

The J79-GE-3 was installed on these early versions of the F-104, when it served on the TAC (Tactical Air Command) as defensive supersonic interceptor against soviet intercontinental bombers.

The problem with these models is that they had little autonomy due to the high consumption of the engine and were finally assigned to the National Guard. There they re-engineered with other versions of the J79.

Later the F-104C appeared with the fuel intake in flight, so they returned to service in strategic command.

We have focused on the nozzle of the model F-104A, because although it is a personal opinion, we like the F-104 with pure lines. And the fuel intake is a break in cleaning lines as aerodynamic and beautiful as those of the F-104.

On the other hand, the F-104A, YF-104 and NF-104 are the vehicles that were used as experimental models for all types of tests. Becoming a milestone being the first tests with a production fighter flying to Mach 2.

Finally, except for our mistake, the J79-GE-3 is the only engine that would correspond to the historical period in which the F-104A flew in the USAF.

They were later re-engineered with the J79-GE-11 and J79-GE-19. But for a particular squad, and for their final destination in another country.

Edited by Tecnikit

44 minutes ago, Tecnikit said:

F104%20J79GE3%20NOZZLE%20new.webp

We have completed the correct nozzle of the F-104A of Italeri in 1/32, which is also correct for the F-104B, the YF-104 ( pre-production model ) and the NASA NF-104. https://www.tecnikit.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=239

It corresponds to the engine J79-GE-3, of which it is very difficult to find information.

The J79-GE-3 was installed on these early versions of the F-104, when it served on the TAC (Tactical Air Command) as defensive supersonic interceptor against soviet intercontinental bombers.

The problem with these models is that they had little autonomy due to the high consumption of the engine and were finally assigned to the National Guard. There they re-engineered with other versions of the J79.

Later the F-104C appeared with the fuel intake in flight, so they returned to service in strategic command.

We have focused on the nozzle of the model F-104A, because although it is a personal opinion, we like the F-104 with pure lines. And the fuel intake is a break in cleaning lines as aerodynamic and beautiful as those of the F-104.

On the other hand, the F-104A, YF-104 and NF-104 are the vehicles that were used as experimental models for all types of tests. Becoming a milestone being the first tests with a production fighter flying to Mach 2.

Finally, except for our mistake, the J79-GE-3 is the only engine that would correspond to the historical period in which the F-104A flew in the USAF.

They were later re-engineered with the J79-GE-11 and J79-GE-19. But for a particular squad, and for their final destination in another country.

Interesting but can you explain what is the exhaust visual difference(s) in comparison with the later versions of the engine?

11 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Interesting but can you explain what is the exhaust visual difference(s) in comparison with the later versions of the engine?

Hi Thierry:

Models ( in red models A and C that can be mounted from the same Italeri modelkit )

J79-GE-3/3A    F-104A / F-104B
J79-GE-3B       NF-104 / F-104A / F-104B
J79-GE-7A      CF-104 / F-104C / F-104D
J79-GE-11A     F-104A* / F-104G / F-104J / F-104F
J79-GE-19       F-104A* / F-104S
(*) Re-engineering for certain squadrons or final destinations

I have not studied in deep the others for which there is more information but at first glance are subtle differences. In some cases being small details, alter the perception of the form.

As example the J79-GE-11 mounted in F-104A in certain late squadron has a reinforcement in the middle of the petals that usually stand out when painting. You can see that here:

https://mtgoodsmk.xyz/product_details/106294926.html

This other too from a J79-GE-7 in a F-104D. The J79-GE-7 was used too in the F-104C ( The alternative to the A model in the Italeri kit )

https://b-domke.de/AviationImages/Starfighter/8479.html

The J79-GE-3 ( F-104A ) has them almost at the end so they do not cut the line.

In general:

- The petals can have rivets at the end or not.

- Different structural reinforcements pieces on the outside and inside of the petals.

- The piercing of the petals to the afterburner

- Inside the closure and expansion mechanism pieces can be different.

For example the parts of the mechanism do not match the photographs of the model 3:

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/The-schematic-diagram-of-the-General-Electric-J79-showing-the-arrangement-of-internal_fig1_327105056

Otherwise I have not stopped to count in other versions if the number of petals is the same.

Edited by Tecnikit

Might you team up with Aerocraft to provide a replacement canopy & windshield for the Trumpeter Su-27?

E.g. create an accurate master that fits which can be copied in clear resin?

I don't know what ResKit have planned. But if you like just the front-ends of engines too — the absolute minimum, to keep prices waaay down — we could use replacements for the inlet throats of the Trumpeter A-4F Skyhawk (J52) and F-100D/F Super Sabre (J57). 

Best of luck with your venture.

Tony 

• Kagemusha changed the title to Tecnikit, mind blowing aftermarket
8 hours ago, Tony T said:

Might you team up with Aerocraft to provide a replacement canopy & windshield for the Trumpeter Su-27?

I don't know what ResKit have planned. But if you like just the front-ends of engines too — the absolute minimum, to keep prices waaay down — we could use replacements for the inlet throats of the Trumpeter A-4F Skyhawk (J52) and F-100D/F Super Sabre (J57). 

Tony 

Hello Tony, thank you very much !!

We are open to almost everything. You never know what can be more successful until it is put into practice. We have a special page for that named "YOUR PROJECTS":

https://www.tecnikit.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=page&id=30&language=en
There we explain how users and companies can make orders. Each case is special and we can apply different conditions.

We already work making parts for an important company that sells them under their name and for personal cases.

But we need determined and concrete tasks. Anybody can send us an email in the CONTACT page to begin to talk about it. At this moment we are working in the PW 220 nozzle for F-16 and F-15 under this type of work under demand. Everyone who orders us custom jobs has a great discount.

And thank you very much for the encouragement !!

8 hours ago, Cycling Guy said:

I would love to see a cockpit for the F-104, but where we can add our own switches with pre drilled / printed holes or 3D printed panels. The Aires cockpit does not fit (too wide) and I'm un aware of anyone else attempting one.

Hi !!

We almost did.

In fact, the cockpit of the F-104 style of the 70’s is the kind we like to do most.

I understand you’re asking for drills to put a lighting system underneath. I thought about it and it would be great. We could actually get into it. The problem is that we can supply the cockpit with decals thinked to use back real light,  BUT WITH PANELS NOT PAINTED. Our 3D printing system is monochrome. If you still like it, send us an email and we’ll get started.

Only 1 thing. Please, we must begin with the F-104A. That let us continue the monographic about this model.

Edited by Tecnikit

9 hours ago, Tecnikit said:

Hi !!

We almost did.

In fact, the cockpit of the F-104 style of the 70’s is the kind we like to do most.

I understand you’re asking for drills to put a lighting system underneath. I thought about it and it would be great. We could actually get into it. The problem is that we can supply the cockpit with decals thinked to use back real light,  BUT WITH PANELS NOT PAINTED. Our 3D printing system is monochrome. If you still like it, send us an email and we’ll get started.

Only 1 thing. Please, we must begin with the F-104A. That let us continue the monographic about this model.

Hi! Thanks for the reply! 

I was not referring to lights in the cockpit, but drilled holes where you can place decals and individual switches, like you see from ANYZ (https://anyz.io/shop/product/AN028?ref=category) and Kopecky Models F-15E cockpit (https://www.kopeckyscalemodels.com/product-page/32018-f-15e-cockpit-upgrade-set).

I'm an engineer and have dozens of years of CAD experience so i'd be glad to help out where ever I can!

I will send you a message a little later!

12 hours ago, Cycling Guy said:

I was not referring to lights in the cockpit, but drilled holes where you can place decals and individual switches, like you see from ANYZ (https://anyz.io/shop/product/AN028?ref=category) and Kopecky Models F-15E cockpit (https://www.kopeckyscalemodels.com/product-page/32018-f-15e-cockpit-upgrade-set).

I'm an engineer and have dozens of years of CAD experience so i'd be glad to help out where ever I can!

Understood.  Send me the mail and let's talk.

On 2/29/2024 at 1:04 PM, Tony T said:

Tony 

How are you seeing a F-100 engine face, even in 32nd without a borescope?! 

On 3/1/2024 at 8:22 AM, Cycling Guy said:

Remember to send me the email in the tecnikit.com WEB in the CONTACT SECTION.  Is needed to mantain a exchange of information about the progress of the work and doubts.

Thank you !!

4 hours ago, Breaker said:

How are you seeing a F-100 engine face, even in 32nd without a borescope?! 

For those of us who wear glasses... keeping the lenses clean. B) :D

8 hours ago, Tecnikit said:

The F-100 Pratt & Whitney 229 for the F16 with composite petals is here !!

F-100PW229NOZZLEnew.webp

Is in presale with discount from now until the end of this month.

https://www.tecnikit.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=240&language=en

Mmmm…this nozzle has some issues.

firstly; you have modeled the “No Push” as an embossed detail .

second; with the nozzle in the closed position that you show, the petals appear to have a distinct curve to them.. more like the GE petals..the 229 petals are distinctly flat

IMG-9374.jpg

cheers

Pete

Great to finally see another PW F-16 nozzle that includes the different "ring" (the one that says "No Push").  Neither Reskit or the new Eduard have that included and its pretty essential if you want to convert a Tamiya F-16C/CJ kit to a Block 50/52.

It does have some issues as Pete points out above and personally I wish that you would make an open version... and then there is the price - ouch.. 75 EUR :huh: 

/Niels