Tecnikit, mind blowing aftermarket

Kagemusha

16 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

This is all good news! Thanks for the link too-

I am looking for gear for the Israeli IIICJ; so if I understand correctly, the IIIE gear that you already have will be ok?

Pete

Hi Pete

Just a heads up. The photos of the aircraft in the Israeli Air Force museum shows a Mir IIIC with an E wing and Kfir pylons. 

I looked at photos on the net and in some books and it seems that the E wing (and undercarriage) was fitted to some the CJ Mirages around the mid seventies and was done  together with the fitting of the Atar 09C, replacing the 09B which has the longer tail section. I have no idea how many of the CJ Mirages were so fitted. Info on Israeli Mirages of the time is a bit scares so one will have to try and find a photo of the particular aircraft in a particular time frame.

(I also suspect the E undercarriage will only fit on an E wing)

Cheers

Nick

The right and left undercarriages were different between the Mir III C and the MIR III E: the undercarriages had an enlarged wheelbase to accommodate an AN 52 in the central pylon (which the MIR III C didn't).
This resulted in completely different kinematics, since on a MIR III C there was only one hydraulic cylinder raising/lowering the undercarriage.
On a MIR III E there was an additional hydraulic cylinder which advanced the undercarriage towards the front of the aircraft, and then the main hydraulic cylinder ('as on the MIR III C) raised the undercarriage.

Sorry if I'm off-topic and I don't want to pollute your topic.

Denis

Walkaround/Photoscope Dassault Mirage IIIE (free.fr)

MIR III E :

The MIR III E's 2 hydraulic cylinders: horizontal for raising/lowering the undercarriage and vertical for advancing/retracting the undercarriage.

lqkx.jpg

Edited by Furie

1 hour ago, Cheetah11 said:

Hi Pete

Just a heads up. The photos of the aircraft in the Israeli Air Force museum shows a Mir IIIC with an E wing and Kfir pylons. 

I looked at photos on the net and in some books and it seems that the E wing (and undercarriage) was fitted to some the CJ Mirages around the mid seventies and was done  together with the fitting of the Atar 09C, replacing the 09B which has the longer tail section. I have no idea how many of the CJ Mirages were so fitted. Info on Israeli Mirages of the time is a bit scares so one will have to try and find a photo of the particular aircraft in a particular time frame.

(I also suspect the E undercarriage will only fit on an E wing)

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick!

Hmm…well that is interesting- great information! Thanks for the heads-up!

cheers

Pete

So I didn’t want to go into detail. :D

These issues require a long research process. Information on the Internet is often invented or misunderstood. Even in commercially available models, major errors occur when trying to group sub-models into a single kit.

In any case as I said, there is no problem in 3D making the original landing gear of the C.

As I said also, I saw old photographs of the CJ with the original landing gear of the C. Here I send you in link one of the late 60s.

Raymond-Ball-autorizada-IAF-Diff-145_edi

However on the same page you can see another where the hydraulic pistons of the model E are already shown.

1973-autorizada-photo-via-Amos-Dor_edite

The model C of the IAF Museum has a long history. The CJ were sold to Argentina covertly and in fact the one that exists in this museum was returned from Argentina.

The story can be translated from this complete and good work.

https://www.gacetaeronautica.com/gaceta/wp-101/?p=49281

Although I read that there was a process of re-engineering in the C, I did not investigate it. Dassault only mentions this re-engineering to the ATAR 09C that we have made in 3D too, only with the new version of the E.

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/passion/aircraft/military-dassault-aircraft/mirage-iii/

However it is normal for the fleets to be updated. My advice is to choose a detailed photograph to guide you and go ahead.

Edited by Tecnikit

1 hour ago, Tecnikit said:

So I didn’t want to go into detail. :D

These issues require a long research process. Information on the Internet is often invented or misunderstood. Even in commercially available models, major errors occur when trying to group sub-models into a single kit.

In any case as I said, there is no problem in 3D making the original landing gear of the C.

As I said also, I saw old photographs of the CJ with the original landing gear of the C. Here I send you in link one of the late 60s.

Raymond-Ball-autorizada-IAF-Diff-145_edi

However on the same page you can see another where the hydraulic pistons of the model E are already shown.

1973-autorizada-photo-via-Amos-Dor_edite

The model C of the IAF Museum has a long history. The CJ were sold to Argentina covertly and in fact the one that exists in this museum was returned from Argentina.

The story can be translated from this complete and good work.

https://www.gacetaeronautica.com/gaceta/wp-101/?p=49281

Although I read that there was a process of re-engineering in the C, I did not investigate it. Dassault only mentions this re-engineering to the ATAR 09C that we have made in 3D too, only with the new version of the E.

https://www.dassault-aviation.com/en/passion/aircraft/military-dassault-aircraft/mirage-iii/

However it is normal for the fleets to be updated. My advice is to choose a detailed photograph to guide you and go ahead.

If you look closely you will see the first still had the Atar9B whereas the second got the 9C. This explains that.

32 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

If you look closely you will see the first still had the Atar9B whereas the second got the 9C. This explains that.

Thanks Thierry. Understood.

Although this phantom evolution from model C to E remains a mystery. It would require an investigation following the trail from the time they were received until it arrived back at the museum. Is it really a C ? Israel received E models.

Here in Spain there are great photos of model E of the 11th squadron where I lived. Now they are in Pakistan. I remember being stunned every time I passed the road by the base looking them.

I found a reliable source. Illustrated Aviation Encyclopedia. From Aerospace Publishing LTD. 1981. And it has the original C landing gear.

MirageIIICJ.webp

59 minutes ago, Tecnikit said:

Thanks Thierry. Understood.

Although this phantom evolution from model C to E remains a mystery. It would require an investigation following the trail from the time they were received until it arrived back at the museum. Is it really a C ? Israel received E models.

Here in Spain there are great photos of model E of the 11th squadron where I lived. Now they are in Pakistan. I remember being stunned every time I passed the road by the base looking them.

I found a reliable source. Illustrated Aviation Encyclopedia. From Aerospace Publishing LTD. 1981. And it has the original C landing gear.

MirageIIICJ.webp

No, Israël never received the E. They got B & C airframes and later got kits of the V & VDx assembled locally as Nesher single and two seaters. Look at the location of the leading edge of the air intake in comparison with the canopy edges. The IIIC front fuselage is shorter than the IIIE or V one and this is easily visible at that level. This profile is showing a non-upgraded airframe.

@Tecnikit :

The technical data on this 3 color views drawing are wrong: it's indeed a MIR IIICJ because the air intakes are forward, the vertical stabilizer has a double angle and the ATAR 9B engine has 2 half-shells. 
The problem is that it says that the engine is an ATAR 9C, which is completely wrong.
But in the early 70s, MIR III CJs were equipped with ATAR 9Cs (engine problems first encountered in 1963).
I was convinced that the MIR III CJs had only been equipped with ATAR 9Bs.
Shame on me.

Edited by Furie

On 10/18/2023 at 11:04 PM, Tomcatfreak said:

Hello,

since Temp Model is giving us a lot of new 1/32 russian related items such Su-30SM vector nozzles, what we need to make a nice Su-30SM model are CANARDS in 1/32 and a set of detailed flaps and FOD´s :-)

Thank you

Can you buy Temp Model´s stuff anywhere but their own website?

I have the NAZA models Su30MKM Conversion set but I really want to build a Su30SM from that. The Temp model stuff looks awesome, but shopping directly from Russia presents a problem these days..

/Niels 

I know the E is longer than the C for the avionic compartment.

But more strange it seemed to me to read before in another post, that was made a change of wings. That landing gear is not a "creative" change like the canard or the tips on the wings of other Israeli models. It’s an update to another Dassault landing gear used in E models. Then, engine, landing gear... seems an important change following official Dassault engineering.

The argentine article: "The SNECMA Atar 09B jet engine was somewhat deficient and caused the loss of four aircraft, which led to a massive replenishment with the Snecma Atar 09C throughout the fleet in the early 1970s."

Later says: "Initially, the FAA had been interested in the Mirage III back in 1971 and a commission traveled to Israel to study it when the assembly of the Atar 09C engine was already underway."

We "maybe" can deduce then that the landing gear ( that is the question ) was a change that came from this.

About the illustration is therefore an IIICJ before the engine change. The text refers to the ATAR 9C probably as general data description marking only the ultimate engine.

Edited by Tecnikit

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...