Tecnikit, mind blowing aftermarket

Kagemusha

1 hour ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Mmmm…this nozzle has some issues.

firstly; you have modeled the “No Push” as an embossed detail .

second; with the nozzle in the closed position that you show, the petals appear to have a distinct curve to them.. more like the GE petals..the 229 petals are distinctly flat

IMG-9374.jpg

cheers

Pete

Regarding the "issue" of "NO PUSH". For those who have never worked with this technique, it is a bas-relief to deposit paint in the cavity, and a relief of letters to paint them with dry brush, rubber buffer or sponge as a lithography. This bas-relief will has less of 0.5 mm of deep. We can guarantee that the real engine doesn’t use decals either. ;)

About the petals, please, before making reviews we recommend reading the page.

"This model is being tested. The final configuration may be different from the exposed model but no less detailed at 1/32 scale."

https://www.tecnikit.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=240&language=en

Yes, are more plain longitudinally, but not transversely. This is the second version of the outer petals and we are working on a third. We are also working on how it will fit the fuselage as the section at the end of the fuselage is not straight. This announce is to announce the pre-sale with discount of a piece in development.

Cheers.

15 minutes ago, Zola25 said:

Great to finally see another PW F-16 nozzle that includes the different "ring" (the one that says "No Push").  Neither Reskit or the new Eduard have that included and its pretty essential if you want to convert a Tamiya F-16C/CJ kit to a Block 50/52.

It does have some issues as Pete points out above and personally I wish that you would make an open version... and then there is the price - ouch.. 75 EUR :huh: 

/Niels

Thank you very much Niels !!

Yes, I think the same. Is best wearing it, and in fact it is very distinctive and characteristic. It will give a very special touch.

About the curvature, please, read the previous post.

Regarding the price, if you want a super reduced price send us an idea that we find attractive. The customer who ordered this piece will take 1 for Tamiya's  F-16, 1 for Academy F-16, and 2 for a Tamiya's  F-15 at a symbolic price. But I also have to say that his help is being fantastic.

This was some honest feedback; which is why I assume you posted an image of this nozzle in the first place. I would love to see you be successful with this 229 nozzle. With almost 1000 hours flying time in the F-16, I think I am pretty familiar with the jet- and these two issues jumped out at me right away. If you guys can get it right, it will be the nicest one available, and I’ll happily purchase one.

cheers

Pete

On 3/8/2024 at 6:44 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

This was some honest feedback; which is why I assume you posted an image of this nozzle in the first place. I would love to see you be successful with this 229 nozzle. With almost 1000 hours flying time in the F-16, I think I am pretty familiar with the jet- and these two issues jumped out at me right away. If you guys can get it right, it will be the nicest one available, and I’ll happily purchase one.

cheers

Pete

Perfectly understood Pete. We're on that.

It has the complete interior part. We will use it for a naked version for the F-15.

We have tried different geometric figures to define the wrapping of these petals. The one we present there is based on an elliptical sphere. Valid for transverse curvature. But not for the longitudinal one.

We already have the geometry right. Working in....

13 minutes ago, Tecnikit said:

Perfectly understood Pete. We're on that.

It has the complete interior part. We will use it for a naked version for the F-15.

We have tried different geometric figures to define the wrapping of these petals. The one we present there is based on an elliptical sphere. Valid for transverse curvature. But not for the longitudinal one.

We already have the geometry right. Working in....

outstanding! Looking forward to it!

Pete

21 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

outstanding! Looking forward to it!

Pete

Well... seems that the client who ordered the work also thought the same.  He has asked if a version can be made without the bas-relief, and if the nozzle can be open.

Normally changes should not be accepted at this point, but the client has collaborated fantastically well. Furthermore, when used on several aircraft, it may compensate for the extent of the work.

Then... finally there will be 8 versions:

- with petals / closed / with bas-relief

- with petals / closed / without bas-relief

- with petals / open / with bas-relief

- with petals / open / without bas-relief

- without petals / closed / with bas-relief

- without petals / closed / without bas-relief

- without petals / open / with bas-relief

- without petals / open / without bas-relief

Let's go.

• 4 weeks later...

PW229Family.webp

Hello all again !!

We were aware that the price of nozzles was a hindrance when it came to aircraft with 2 engines. But the priority in the first year was overall for the development of parts and the improvement of their quality.

The rules of how to build and manage the web store were a secondary aspect that we have now been able to address, applying discounts in some circumstances.

Niels, from now on when purchasing twin nozzles for an aircraft that needs a couple of them, you can see the discount for the purchase of 2 or more in their information page as shown in the picture.

Discount.webp

For customers who have already purchased a lonely nozzle for twin nozzle's aircrafts, we will ship one that they  select as pair free in their next order.

The other discount available is for pre-sale parts. As you can see in the upper image, we ended up making versions of the PW-229 nozzles for the F-15 and the F-16 opened and closed. All of them are covered by the pre-sale discount until we finish the tests in the second half of this month.

Bill, the whole afterburner is the next stage, with the end of the turbine, and the deflectors. Is that what you want ?

Edited by Tecnikit

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so going to buy those F-15 Exhausts.

What I really would like you to make for the Tamiya F-15 is the movable intake ramps, super detailed and the some seamless intake tunnels/tubes (or what ever it is called).

7 hours ago, allbann said:

I'm so going to buy those F-15 Exhausts.

What I really would like you to make for the Tamiya F-15 is the movable intake ramps, super detailed and the some seamless intake tunnels/tubes (or what ever it is called).

Let us finish the afterburner and we eill see that.