Tecnikit, mind blowing aftermarket

Kagemusha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 2:01 AM, Bill Cross said:

Please keep going and don't mind the quibbles about prices. Modelers are inveterate complainers, but will put their money down for quality. Your stuff looks amazing.

Thank you very much Bill.

Nothing like the scratch to understand the value of work ;).

Edited by Tecnikit

Mike, the comment about the scartch is as example because of this. The control box with the starter system of the AL31 engine. Made quite a few years ago in scratch.

Starterscratch.jpg

Calculate the hours and the economic cost in hours for a modeler do it at home.

Maxim, yes... but we have models to see the engine through the inspection panels ;).

Edited by Tecnikit
remake the link

On 9/12/2023 at 10:04 PM, Tecnikit said:

If you have assignments that we see might be of interest, we will study it.

Hello,

since Temp Model is giving us a lot of new 1/32 russian related items such Su-30SM vector nozzles, what we need to make a nice Su-30SM model are CANARDS in 1/32 and a set of detailed flaps and FOD´s :-)

Thank you

18 hours ago, Tomcatfreak said:

Hello,

since Temp Model is giving us a lot of new 1/32 russian related items such Su-30SM vector nozzles, what we need to make a nice Su-30SM model are CANARDS in 1/32 and a set of detailed flaps and FOD´s :-)

Thank you

I appreciate much more than you can imagine your ideas. I have my predilections about certain detail sets, but they don’t have to be better than others.

For the Su-30 we plan to launch the radar with the same high level of detail that we already use for the Su-27’s radar. And also for the nozzles since we have made the previous version of the AL31 engine. This for example is the smaller piece of the kit of around 2 cms. The back part of the radar antenna.

Backradar.webp

The idea you indicate is very good. But use 3d resins could be not for that work.

Control surfaces are large and very smooth ( without complex details ). This involves using much more expensive 3D resin to make parts that could be much cheaper and equally well finished with standard polyurethane resins.

The idea is that you pay 3D for imposible details with other techniques. Your job seems perfect for zactomodels.com Have you talked to him ?

On 10/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

How close are those gear struts to those on the Mirage IIIC?

P

I’m sorry for the delay, Pete.

It depends. If you’re referring to the initial models of the Mirage IIIC, there are differences. The axis for retraction is simpler. And the hydraulic retracting piston is different and is propped to the wing. Not to the axis as in model E.

I enclose this link for you to see an original initial model C:

http://nabe3saviation.web.fc2.com/waMir3C.html

But I’ve seen other models claiming to be C of other armies with E model landing gear. If you were interested in the original C model, we could do it. But it would take two to three weeks. Say me if you are interested.

Tecnikit

3 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

This is all good news! Thanks for the link too-

I am looking for gear for the Israeli IIICJ; so if I understand correctly, the IIIE gear that you already have will be ok?

Pete

Yes Pete. I don't see diferences.

I thought I saw in some very old photograph the original train. It may be that as normal there was a process of evolution of the model C. Later there was also a re-engineering.

In any case, that photograph of the real Mirage IIICJ is very clear. The same landing gear as E.

Edited by Tecnikit

1 hour ago, Tecnikit said:

Yes Pete. I don't see diferences.

I thought I saw in some very old photograph the original train. It may be that as normal there was a process of evolution of the model C. Later there was also a re-engineering.

In any case, that photograph of the real Mirage IIICJ is very clear. The same landing gear as E.

Awesome!! Really appreciate the help!

Pete