1/32 announcements at the Nationals

Steve Eagle

44 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

lol ... I'm not an expert, bud ... but I did do some research a while back into the IM process so I do have some limited knowledge about the developmental period of these sorts of things ... Unfortunately with ZM it's a little hard to put a finger on release time frames because:

1/ We don't know how far along they were in development when the announcement was made ... The announcements for the Hs-129 and Ki-45 were made quite a way along into development - therefore the period between announcement and retail availability was only about 2 years.

2/ We don't know the priority they are placing on that particular design - and they only have a certain number of man-hours in the day available to them ... Remember that they have several other 'irons in the fire' at present ... Fw-190 variants in various stages of development ... a P-51B ... another Hs-129 due at some point ... other Bf.109G's in various stages of development ... possibly an Ar.234? (given the Scalemates notice)

On the other hand, the below article (from above) shows a 3D print mock-up of the aircraft on display ... back in 2022 ... so, design wise at least, it can't be that far away.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235108183-132-kawasaki-ki-100-i-type-5-by-zoukei-mura-in-design/

Rog :)

Well, to me I believe you're on the right track and what you've said makes sense to me. So no, you might not be an expert but you do have a firm grasp on things in this regard. I'll be a watchin'.

On 8/6/2023 at 2:24 AM, thierry laurent said:

I've the feeling we will see at least two new 1/32 P-51B suddenly released...

Yup that bus stop analogy again.  I would probably buy both unless the usual unexceptional problems with the kit occur 

1 hour ago, Reuben L. Hernandez said:

Other than Revell’s ancient and inaccurate kit, Trumpeters inaccurate kits and Jerry Rutmans very fine kit but long OOP and rarer than gens teeth. Why won’t a major manufacturer (Tamiya’s, Hasegawa) tackle this very much wanted kit? It boggles the mind?

To be honest, both Hasegawa and Tamiya are likely out of 1/32 scale.  Hasegawa almost certainly, as their aircraft releases for the past few years in any scale have been reissues or versions of existing kits.  Tamiya hasn’t made a new 1/32 kit since their Mosquito, and that was 8 years ago.

I have to agree, Tamiya and Hasegawa have gone dark as far as 1/32 scale releases. I 'm of the opinion that GWH, HKM[?] Z-M, and ICM will be our best bet in doing a P-51B/C. As for why no one has come forward? That's the $64,000 question. A real wild card would be Airfix doing one in 1/24[ I wouldn't complain]

I must say I am having a laugh at this. :D There was no new kit announced at the Nationals, so you guys have now decided to make an announcement as to what SHOULD have been announced and or confirmed….mostly a P-51B, that has been on many wish lists before. 
it makes no real difference to me and it is a chat forum, but surely the original title should be changed OR the thread allowed to die or stopped, there was no big announcement made

Guys have fun, I am not stopping you at all but surely at least consider my words

Not just here, hyperscale had a pre NATS thread asking if there was going to be a new Tamiya release, my opinion was there was not going to be, but it immediately devolved into a Tamiya wish list and then a discussion of a truck kit in 1/48 they have already announced.  It is the way of things.  We had some non LSP release anouncements at NATS there really was no reason to expect any LSP announcements at NATS.  Usually anymore the manufacturers start dropping hints on social media leading up to their new anouncements so I think we would have known something might be coming.  I actually thought airfix might have something but I got confused with their Hellicopter release tease and NATS.  I actually thought there a chance airfix was going to anounce a kit at NATS but I was just confused because of their timing.

I look foreword to seeing what Kotare announces after the Spitfire.  I hope we get an all new kit from them announced by the end of the year.  I could care less if Tamiya never does a 1/32 kit again if Kotare will release interesting kits every year.  Then we have Zoukei, Border, HKM and others playing in the space.  Life is fine.      

Of note, I think on hyperscale, Tamiya USA acknowledged at NATS that work is in progress on 1/48 F-4 variants.  

Edited by cbk57

12 hours ago, Ali62 said:

I must say I am having a laugh at this. :D There was no new kit announced at the Nationals, so you guys have now decided to make an announcement as to what SHOULD have been announced and or confirmed….mostly a P-51B, that has been on many wish lists before. 
it makes no real difference to me and it is a chat forum, but surely the original title should be changed OR the thread allowed to die or stopped, there was no big announcement made

Guys have fun, I am not stopping you at all but surely at least consider my words

Absent the guiding hand of a moderator, all threads eventually degenerate into a wish list.  In some threads, it happens sooner than later.

Edited by esarmstrong

On 8/8/2023 at 7:49 AM, cbk57 said:

... there really was no reason to expect any LSP announcements at NATS.   

Less an expectation than a hope, wish lists are really hope lists.

The inspiration for the hope is that we have been surprised in the past.

We like surprises.