B&B Resin Design - new product available - 1:32 Armco PB-1 Revetments (Vietnam era)

BiggTim

Edit: 19 November - see end of thread.

Not exactly, but......

Most of you know that Harold of AMS Resin announced his retirement from resin casting recently, and that AMS Resin would close up shop as a result. However, Harold has been gracious enough to allow my wife and I to acquire all of his molds, masters, equipment, and his blessing to continue producing his great designs under our own business!

So, over the next month or two, we will be sorting through everything, cataloguing it all, getting set up, and casting some tests to make sure we can match the level of quality that AMS Resin delivered. We will also be adding some new items of our own design to the lineup.

While I’ve done quite a bit of casting for my own use, I have nowhere near the experience Harold does, so please bear with us as we develop our business plan and get things up to speed. As both of us have full time jobs (and I have a second part-time one), we will not be able to spend as much time on this as Harold did, so we will likely do it on a much smaller scale. Stay tuned, and I will keep you posted here as those decisions are made.

In the mean time, what you can do to help us is to let us know what AMS Resin items you would most like to see come to market again. As we sort through things, we will watch out for those items and make sure we give those a shot first. Feel free to post it here, or contact me via PM.

Once we get the business properly set up, I will provide a new e-mail for direct contact. Thanks a bunch, and a BIG thanks again to Harold for trusting us with his excellent work!

Tim & Christie

B&B Resin Design

Edited by BiggTim

58 minutes ago, scorvi said:

Great news  Can you provide a website or contact info. to possibly order items??

I am need of all your 1/32 A-4 Skyhawk stuff.  Especially for the Trumpeter kit.

Steve

When we get set up, I will happily do so, Steve!!

Fantastic news! Please consider casting resin/brass sets for 1/48 and 1/32 scale tiered rocket rails and 100 gallon tanks for the Tamiya DH Mosquito FB VI. I recall Aviaeology Decals and Terry Higgins beginning the molds several years ago, but some issues that he had with suppliers saw the end of that much storied endeavor. I know the demand has been there for some time, and it fills a special niche for many of us. Thank you for considering this idea.

WM64

6 hours ago, Wurgermeister64 said:

Fantastic news! Please consider casting resin/brass sets for 1/48 and 1/32 scale tiered rocket rails and 100 gallon tanks for the Tamiya DH Mosquito FB VI. I recall Aviaeology Decals and Terry Higgins beginning the molds several years ago, but some issues that he had with suppliers saw the end of that much storied endeavor. I know the demand has been there for some time, and it fills a special niche for many of us. Thank you for considering this idea.

WM64

1 hour ago, Juggernut said:

I hope those A-6/EA-6 intakes Harold did for the 1/48 Kinetic kit are on the "soon-to-be-available-again" list.  I could use a set.

1 hour ago, John Stambaugh said:

Hats off to you both. Good luck and congratulations. 

As for suggestions; may I ask that you bring back the props/spinners for the Hobby Boss P-61 as the kit parts are way off. Am still kicking myself for not getting a set previously. John S

All of these have now been added to the list to find or investigate. Thanks!