B&B Resin Design - new product available - 1:32 Armco PB-1 Revetments (Vietnam era)

BiggTim

19 hours ago, scorvi said:

Can I add the 1/32 A-4C Conversion.  I sure would like 1-2 of those??

Steve,

Added to the list to dig up.

19 hours ago, The Dude said:

Right on Tim! I wanted to grab several coversion sets from him but I waited too long and he closed up shop. I'll be watching for the grand reopening! :bow::yahoo:

Hey buddy! PM a list of what you're looking for. Having specific targets to hunt for really helps!

Thanks  Bigg Tim!

AMS 1/32 A-4 Skyhawk sets:

-32011 ESCAPAC 1A-1 seat

-32104  A-4 Corrected intakes

-32109 Late Nose & Main wheels set

-32019  Update set for Trumpeter A-4

-32029  Corrected bent refueling probe A-4

AMS 1/32 F-86 sets:

-32018  120 gallon combat tanks

-32064 cockpit set  [Hasegawa]

-32112  Main Wheels

I am in for all of these!!

Hope this makes your search easier!!

Steve,

15 minutes ago, scorvi said:

Thanks  Bigg Tim!

AMS 1/32 A-4 Skyhawk sets:

-32011 ESCAPAC 1A-1 seat

-32104  A-4 Corrected intakes

-32109 Late Nose & Main wheels set

-32019  Update set for Trumpeter A-4

-32029  Corrected bent refueling probe A-4

AMS 1/32 F-86 sets:

-32018  120 gallon combat tanks

-32064 cockpit set  [Hasegawa]

-32112  Main Wheels

I am in for all of these!!

Hope this makes your search easier!!

Steve,

It helps a lot, thanks! 

On 5/28/2023 at 3:21 PM, Wurgermeister64 said:

Fantastic news! Please consider casting resin/brass sets for 1/48 and 1/32 scale tiered rocket rails and 100 gallon tanks for the Tamiya DH Mosquito FB VI. I recall Aviaeology Decals and Terry Higgins beginning the molds several years ago, but some issues that he had with suppliers saw the end of that much storied endeavor. I know the demand has been there for some time, and it fills a special niche for many of us. Thank you for considering this idea.

WM64

Were you talking about the 100 gallon slipper tanks? If so, AMS already made those in 1/32 scale. Would you like me to dig out that mold and make some more?

I don't think he did them in 1/48, but I believe Ultracast did.

10 hours ago, Wurgermeister64 said:

Hey Tim,

You are correct sir! Both AMS and UC made the 100 gal tank, but no manufacturer has made the tiered rocket rails for the Mossie FB VI. I do think there is a market for it. I hope that you will consider the matter. Thx.

WM 64

I will definitely consider it!

1 hour ago, denders said:

Wellllllll, I'm gonna show my ignorance. How do I find you?

You are not ignorant my friend, we are just in the early stages, and haven't got it all decided yet. For now, this is the easiest place to get my attention. What are you looking for?

Hi Tim, 

I bought a set of ECM pods for updating the Trumpeter EA-18G Growler from Harold a few years ago. 

As these pods would look great on an EA-6A, maybe you would consider of offering these pods again. 

All the best for your journey! 

Reimund 

• BiggTim changed the title to B&B Resin Design - open for business!!

Time for an update!!

We've got things set up enough to start casting, so here's how we're going to do this for the time being:

I will post a google drive link to a new "catalog" at the end of this message. If you see something on there you want, either PM me here or email us at the address provided on the catalog, and we'll dig up the molds (or make new ones as needed) and cast it for you. If you can't open it, just email us at bnbresindesign@gmail.com, and we'll send it to you. As I mentioned before, this is very much a side business for us, as we both have full time jobs (plus a part-time one for me), and would like to not spend ALL our free time casting resin! We're not trying to make a living from this - it's more for fun and a little extra cash, and to keep Harold's great work available to those who want it. Plus, it gives me an outlet for some of my own designs.

Since we will carry no inventory (limited space), it may take a weeks or two to get things made and shipped out, so please be patient with us. That said, we'll do everything we can to get it done as quick as possible for you. We will be using the exact same resin AMS used, so you shouldn't see any difference in that respect. The prices are also exactly the same. Shipping costs (to anywhere) will be estimated when you provide your address, and payment will be accepted via paypal. I will provide you with the paypal user ID when you order (because that will be changing soon once the business account is set up properly, so I don't want to post it here yet). 

For now, we will not be selling through Sprue Brothers, BnA, or any other outlet, though I will be making contact with them so we can consider that for the future. I apologize to the folks outside North America, but we want to ease into this and see how things go before biting that off. We'll do everything we can to keep the shipping costs down for all of you, especially those overseas. So far, I've been able to ship to anywhere in the continental US for about 7-8 USD.

We do not have a website yet, but are considering setting one up if things go well enough to warrant that kind of commitment. If you want to see photos of an item, either email, PM, or you can find most of the former AMS items on the Scalemates database, or online by searching the the item number. To make that even easier, the new item numbers are exactly the same as the old AMS numbers, just with a "BB" prefix. 

In most cases, we will be using the same molds Harold used to cast these parts. If the mold is too old, damaged, or we just can't find it, we'll make a new one from the masters. One caveat: To the best of our knowledge, we've already located either the molds or have masters to make new molds from for everything on the list. However, it is possible that we missed something, and will find it is no longer available after you ask for it. If that happens, we'll communicate that to you asap and refund your money if you've already paid.

You'll see a couple of things at the end of the 1:32 list that are my own designs, so please take a look! One of them you have seen, one is new. I am developing a few new items, so I will update the catalog periodically.

Please post any questions or suggestions you have here, or by email or PM. Thanks a lot!!

Tim

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QSfVNtxAaFRyXGnRz58SFo1f5Y10AIlA/view?usp=sharing