Jump to content

Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model


LSP_Kevin

Recommended Posts

Oh man that’s terrible. Hope all of you get a replacement soon. Worst case, might be worth getting the HK Lancs canopy.

 

Cheers,  Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can imagine how disappointing this is after spending large amount of $$ & waiting for a long time for this kit to arrive. I hope they make enough clear parts, since the kit is produced in limited numbers.

Wonder if this is going to be a significant enough problem for the border models to incur any kind of long term issues. I assume they will loose some $$$ after this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What a tale of woe, who would have thought a £600.00 model kit would be delivered needing, quite possibly, an aftermarket replacement canopy set which may add anywhere up to 50 quid to the price.

 

I am on the cusp of cancelling my order and asking for refund (fortunately I put it on my CC for the consumer protection). I'm not paying this sort of money and then having to hope I get a replacement set of parts. As for the comment in the earlier thread that BM have allegedly said to one customer -  " That's as good as it gets" about a poor quality canopy, perhaps we should have been told that BEFORE they started taking pre-orders so that folks could make an informed purchasing decision...?

 

VERY disappointing indeed and especially so for a company who are trumpeted by some as being a 'AAA' model company.

 

Gary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if it's germain that WNW would have little experience with designing large clear parts?

It may be that the tool needs redesigned to eliminate multi gate feeds into certain parts.

Soome photos show the feeds haven't fused together the way they should.

Not such an issue with ordinary opaque parts, but clearly not working on transparencies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Chek said:

I wonder if it's germain that WNW would have little experience with designing large clear parts?

It may be that the tool needs redesigned to eliminate multi gate feeds into certain parts.

Soome photos show the feeds haven't fused together the way they should.

Not such an issue with ordinary opaque parts, but clearly not working on transparencies.

 

I doubt that would be an issue if WNW was still operating and released this kit, knowing the standards we had in place. The kit wouldn't of been released if something was sub-par.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Received an email from Lucky, they've contacted Border, who are sending them replacements.

I was watching a review that said it's nearly 6kg in weight. ( 15 bananas in Imperial)

Will the landing gear and it's mounts be robust enough or is there a risk of a 1/24Trumpeter Me109 landing gear situation here?

 

Glad they're sending a replacement.

 

Matty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Received an email from Lucky, they've contacted Border, who are sending them replacements.

Glad to hear you are getting replacements - I hope mine will arrive safely :wacko: - when the shipping containers finally arrive in Europe..

 

Apart from the broken parts, how is the quality of the clear parts in the production models? Its always really hard to judge from pictures. 

 

Thanks

Niels

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, LSP_Matt said:

I was watching a review that said it's nearly 6kg in weight. ( 15 bananas in Imperial)

Will the landing gear and it's mounts be robust enough or is there a risk of a 1/24Trumpeter Me109 landing gear situation here?

 

Glad they're sending a replacement.

 

Matty

 

 

That's a very good point, until just now I'd only had a cursory look at the parts to look for any damage - the main undercarriage looks like it'll take the weight, plus a cast brass replacement would be very expensive given the complex design of the parts, maybe the tail wheel strut could benefit from a brass substitute...

 

It really is the most amazing kit, the surface detail is out of this world, cockpit interiors look like resin versions, just a real shame about the clear parts and the box, which I sincerely hope they change sometime in the production run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Glad to hear you are getting replacements - I hope mine will arrive safely :wacko: - when the shipping containers finally arrive in Europe..

 

Apart from the broken parts, how is the quality of the clear parts in the production models? Its always really hard to judge from pictures. 

 

Thanks

Niels

 

It's really good, aside from the fault lines, they're very clear, evidently brittle, with the rounded parts, if you look through at something in the distance, you can see the distortion, but if you place a finger behind, it's crystal clear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

 

It's really good, aside from the fault lines, they're very clear, evidently brittle, with the rounded parts, if you look through at something in the distance, you can see the distortion, but if you place a finger behind, it's crystal clear.

Well it is great news that it looks as if they are addressing the broken canopy part issues, well they basically are committed into doing so. 
Andy from what you are saying about distortion I agree that is absolutely fine, clear is very tricky, and as long as they look good in place on the model with no major swirls, raised lines, or haze then that is acceptable.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the model is simply fantastic. I think  we are not going to see something similar in near future. details are of unbelievable quality. design team has done enormous job. this model is mast have for every largescale  modeler. it is true art. only weak point are clear parts. not bed but not perfect too but real plane I am sure had so many scraps and damages so the model anyway will look fantastic especially with heavy weathered look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...