Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

Re the clear parts, a guy on SMCG got his kit and said the clear parts, whilst not damaged, were really of very poor quality and would need polishing. 

This is not something I have seen elsewhere - anyone seen this sort of issue?

Anyway, what’s interesting is that he messaged Border via Facebook and they got straight back to him saying no, he didn’t get a bad kit / one from a bad batch, and that the clear parts had caused them massive issues, and basically sorry that was the best they could do.

sorry can’t post a link as it’s a private FB group (which is well worth joining btw), but to re-iterate what others have said, I advise checking the clear parts as soon as you get yours.

(mine is on order from Hannants)

cheers

Nick

I've held off ordering a "Cheaper" Lancaster kit from Hobbyeasy in HK because of the damage caused to 2 of the 5 models in one order (all shipped separately via air to avoid hold up in shipping restrictions) ... I believe this post - below - shows the condition that my P.40 arrived in ... They have agreed to send me a replacement - but we were waiting on whether I was going to pull the trigger in the Lancaster - to be sent via DHL - first ... I feel hesitant after hearing other poor Hong Kong / China related deliveries ... I may just get one through one of the stores here in Australia that have agreed to move it.

Rog :)

I can imagine how disappointing this is after spending large amount of $$ & waiting for a long time for this kit to arrive. I hope they make enough clear parts, since the kit is produced in limited numbers.

Wonder if this is going to be a significant enough problem for the border models to incur any kind of long term issues. I assume they will loose some $$$ after this.

What a tale of woe, who would have thought a £600.00 model kit would be delivered needing, quite possibly, an aftermarket replacement canopy set which may add anywhere up to 50 quid to the price.

I am on the cusp of cancelling my order and asking for refund (fortunately I put it on my CC for the consumer protection). I'm not paying this sort of money and then having to hope I get a replacement set of parts. As for the comment in the earlier thread that BM have allegedly said to one customer -  " That's as good as it gets" about a poor quality canopy, perhaps we should have been told that BEFORE they started taking pre-orders so that folks could make an informed purchasing decision...?

VERY disappointing indeed and especially so for a company who are trumpeted by some as being a 'AAA' model company.

Gary

I wonder if it's germain that WNW would have little experience with designing large clear parts?

It may be that the tool needs redesigned to eliminate multi gate feeds into certain parts.

Soome photos show the feeds haven't fused together the way they should.

Not such an issue with ordinary opaque parts, but clearly not working on transparencies.

7 hours ago, Chek said:

I wonder if it's germain that WNW would have little experience with designing large clear parts?

It may be that the tool needs redesigned to eliminate multi gate feeds into certain parts.

Soome photos show the feeds haven't fused together the way they should.

Not such an issue with ordinary opaque parts, but clearly not working on transparencies.

I doubt that would be an issue if WNW was still operating and released this kit, knowing the standards we had in place. The kit wouldn't of been released if something was sub-par.

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Received an email from Lucky, they've contacted Border, who are sending them replacements.

I was watching a review that said it's nearly 6kg in weight. ( 15 bananas in Imperial)

Will the landing gear and it's mounts be robust enough or is there a risk of a 1/24Trumpeter Me109 landing gear situation here?

Glad they're sending a replacement.

Matty

2 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Received an email from Lucky, they've contacted Border, who are sending them replacements.

Glad to hear you are getting replacements - I hope mine will arrive safely :wacko: - when the shipping containers finally arrive in Europe..

Apart from the broken parts, how is the quality of the clear parts in the production models? Its always really hard to judge from pictures. 

Thanks

Niels

5 hours ago, LSP_Matt said:

I was watching a review that said it's nearly 6kg in weight. ( 15 bananas in Imperial)

Will the landing gear and it's mounts be robust enough or is there a risk of a 1/24Trumpeter Me109 landing gear situation here?

Glad they're sending a replacement.

Matty

That's a very good point, until just now I'd only had a cursory look at the parts to look for any damage - the main undercarriage looks like it'll take the weight, plus a cast brass replacement would be very expensive given the complex design of the parts, maybe the tail wheel strut could benefit from a brass substitute...

It really is the most amazing kit, the surface detail is out of this world, cockpit interiors look like resin versions, just a real shame about the clear parts and the box, which I sincerely hope they change sometime in the production run.