Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

On 5/3/2022 at 8:15 AM, mark williams said:

can't wait!!...mines coming by slow boat from china(lucky models).HMMM I wonder if Border could do a accurate b-24,maybe the ex wing nut guys could help design it, id aim at hk levels of detail and wing nuts exterior levels of detail..stress skin etc.

I share the same pipe dream! I’d even settle for a new one in 1/48!

Yea 

Someone needs to take a bullet for the team and almost finish a scratch built one and it will become a reality. 

Edited by Pup7309

6 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

I share the same pipe dream! I’d even settle for a new one in 1/48!

Yea 

Someone needs to take a bullet for the team and almost finish a scratch built one and it will become a reality. 

Jumping on a grenade even…

On 5/2/2022 at 1:18 PM, Sidders said:

After a lot of resisting, pre-ordered mine recently - probably will be divorced by the end of the year! 

Cheers,

Mark

My wife would divorce me if I bought the kit and died before I finished it.  Or had to sell it from my unbuilt dead guy stash. 

Edited by Rick Griewski

I would not hold my breath for any other large bomber similar to the WnW/Border Lancaster. Keep in mind this kit is not the new standard. This is an exception of an extinct era. It took ten years to be developed while being financed only because it was the main labour of love of someone with very deep pockets. Profitability of the Lancaster release is not even obvious and Border clearly notified they do not intend to release another production batch soon. The future of large LSP kits is rather short-run and very probably kits printed on demand. So, we will go back to more basic and more challenging kits to assemble. Sad but this is the reality of a hobby now essentially shared by grumpy old men...:innocent:

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I would not hold my breath for any other large bomber similar to the WnW/Border Lancaster. Keep in mind this kit is not the new standard. This is an exception of an extinct era. It took ten years to be developed while being financed only because it was the main labour of love of someone with very deep pockets. Profitability of the Lancaster release is not even obvious and Border clearly notified they do not intend to release another production batch soon. The future of large LSP kits is rather short-run and very probably kits printed on demand. So, we will go back to more basic and more challenging kits to assemble. Sad but this is the reality of a hobby now essentially shared by grumpy old men...:innocent:

Mea culpa!!

BuNllU.jpg

Weirdly, I’m actually getting a bit scared about the arrival of my Lanc, not because of credit card shock, or having to move to the dog house, but just the enormity of the project and my proven ability to f%#k things up!

I’ve been planning and plotting the build since I pre ordered the kit, bought a new build table (a glass topped computer desk so I can illuminate it from all sides), purchased all the exterior paint that I think I’ll need, set aside a few rolls of tape, a box of 100 new blades, a new bottle of extra thin, but what I haven’t stocked up on is courage!

My mind is racing, my pulse pulsating, my stomach churning - do I just build her OOB (or will AMS strike yet again), have I collected enough reference material or should I bribe someone at the AWM to let me spend a night or 2, and a dozen memory cards photographing G for George in all her glory?

I haven’t been this excited/scared since grade 11 and my first real Girlfriend!

1 hour ago, Smokeyforgothispassword said:

My mind is racing, my pulse pulsating, my stomach churning - do I just build her OOB (or will AMS strike yet again), have I collected enough reference material or should I bribe someone at the AWM to let me spend a night or 2, and a dozen memory cards photographing G for George in all her glory?

I haven’t been this excited/scared since grade 11 and my first real Girlfriend!

An appropriate old saying comes to mind... how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I would be more nervous if I bought a 1/200 scale battle ship.  Talk about messing up. I would make a long table and buy a special chair that I could push back and forth along the table. A large and bright pool table light would hang over the work space. Usually it comes down to a build plan where similar to  billiards you plan for the next shot

Well, if you're in Canada and paid for air mail Lucky Model is not shipping even though their website says that airmail is available again. 

Plus they're asking for you to pay again for shipping if you take surface or express shipping instead. Doesn't make sense and I'm a bit annoyed. 

Carl

Carl.

Same here in the States. It’s an additional $131 over the initial $118 paid for airmail to get it shipped by DHL. Or you can go with surface mail and wait.

Edited by berneckir