ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

Hydraulic lines on  port side. The mass of pipes along the fuselage side is one piece moulding that you attatch to the fuselage. then there's 4 pieces that connect to those bracket things over the pipes. down the gear strut there is another single piece, then a smaller single piece at the gearleg end. Looks great on the model. the control rods on stbd side are present as seperate parts as well. Oh and my earlier comment regarding the rotorhead canted to port, well yes it is and ICM have faithfully reproduced it.

eTcOU37.jpg

YUA9jkm.jpg

Edited by Smeds

Looks like a spectacular kit.  Really ingenious design on the rear fuselage with the box form and the way everything interlocks.

I think if SH does a Hi-Tech boxing, about the only things that could be replaced are wheels, seats, IP, control sticks/cyclics, and maybe stuff like exhausts and the cable reel.

This thing is a monster, and I look forward to seeing who is first off the blocks on building one.

Matt 

Edited by scvrobeson

I had no real desire/interest to build one……until my daughter saw it and said “It’s Windlifter”

A quick google search told me that ‘Windlifter’ is  a Pixar Planes firefighting SkyCrane. 
Guess who might have to add one to the build pile? 

5 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I had no real desire/interest to build one……until my daughter saw it and said “It’s Windlifter”

A quick google search told me that ‘Windlifter’ is  a Pixar Planes firefighting SkyCrane. 

Just Googled that myself, and that would be a fun build!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

8 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

You are really training the next generation of model builders.. cool project ^_^

On 2/26/2023 at 10:47 AM, Smeds said:

Hydraulic lines on  port side. The mass of pipes along the fuselage side is one piece moulding that you attatch to the fuselage. then there's 4 pieces that connect to those bracket things over the pipes. down the gear strut there is another single piece, then a smaller single piece at the gearleg end. Looks great on the model. the control rods on stbd side are present as seperate parts as well. Oh and my earlier comment regarding the rotorhead canted to port, well yes it is and ICM have faithfully reproduced it.

eTcOU37.jpg

YUA9jkm.jpg

@Smedsyou are playing a dangerous game so close to the carpet monster. :)