ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

1 minute ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Yeah, that really does look good! I've got my heart set on doing a modern water bomber version, but have no idea of what would be involved. I just hope they're not too expensive by the time they land down under.

There are a few differences of the modern S-64s that fire fight.

Ii have found it does however differ a bit from company to company

2 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

There are a few differences of the modern S-64s that fire fight.

Ii have found it does however differ a bit from company to company

Yeah, I'll have to do my research, and determine how feasible the project really is. Perhaps someone will release some aftermarket parts to make it easier. I'll probably still get one anyway, depending on price.

Kev

1 minute ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Yeah, I'll have to do my research, and determine how feasible the project really is. Perhaps someone will release some aftermarket parts to make it easier. I'll probably still get one anyway, depending on price.

I've seen them on EBay for $135 - $150 with shipping to the US of about $25, so hopefully it won't be to ridiculous once it hits AUS.

10 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I've seen them on EBay for $135 - $150 with shipping to the US of about $25, so hopefully it won't be to ridiculous once it hits AUS.

If that's the figure in US dollars, then we're probably looking at something around 300 Aussie pesos landed, I reckon. That's a big ticket. But it's a big model.

Kev

I'm certainly no expert, but what I have gleaned from that video, is that some differences between the 54 and 64 the gear legs have no forward/aft fairings. The tail rotor pylon also appears not to have a fairing and has steps up its forward surface, engines have the cover and of course the bulged cockpit side windows. I'm sure there is a gazillion more :D

Cool video! The aircraft featured is the one we see down here every summer. When in town, it lives at an airport near me, and used to fly directly over my old house on its way in and out. An amazing sight (and sound!) at just a few hundred feet above my head. This is my inspiration for wanting to tackle this project, but I suspect it's a lot more complicated than it first appears.

Kev

1 hour ago, Smeds said:

I'm certainly no expert, but what I have gleaned from that video, is that some differences between the 54 and 64 the gear legs have no forward/aft fairings. The tail rotor pylon also appears not to have a fairing and has steps up its forward surface, engines have the cover and of course the bulged cockpit side windows. I'm sure there is a gazillion more :D

As a note, the fore/aft fairings on the main gear struts are separate parts in the kit, and there is wiring detail on the struts if the fairings are left off.

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Yeah, that really does look good! I've got my heart set on doing a modern water bomber version, but have no idea of what would be involved. I just hope they're not too expensive by the time they land down under.

Kev

Hi Kev

You should get your hands on the latest issue of Air Modeller Magazine. They have an article from a guy who scracthbuilt a 1/35 skycrane waterbomber; https://www.afvmodeller.com/product/air-modeller-issue-106-out-18th-jan/

/Niels