Old Man Blog No. 113

Kagemusha

IMHO there is always room for one more 109 if it is done up to state-of-the-art standards and, above all, is very accurate as to shape and dimension.  Thus far, this one promises to be that kit.  More importantly, it will likely sell by the shedload and will furnish Zoukei Mura with some cash flow for future subjects.

Edited by esarmstrong

It's interesting to me that the canopy inner frame is not mounted to the canopy interior but to the cockpit exterior.  In addition, the wing bulges and rudder are 6 early while the canopy is 6 late.  Just an observation, not a criticism.

Sincerely,

Mark

Looking forward to building the '190A-3/4 for sure. 

With these two subjects ('109 & '190), even if they manage to pull the same idiotic move of only offering ONE decal option like they did with the Hs 129 :doh:, at least there are plenty of aftermarket decals & masks already out there. 

D

23 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

One decal options really suck as a marketing move.  I totally agree with the above statement.  :coolio:

I agree with this for kits like the Hs129 and Ki45, but to be fair there are a lot of decal sheets out there for the 109G and 190, and they probably assume that most people will buy aftermarket decals anyway.  Maybe not so many options for the early 190 versions, but I can’t see companies like Eaglecals not making sheets to fill the gaps.

On 9/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, dodgem37 said:

It's interesting to me that the canopy inner frame is not mounted to the canopy interior but to the cockpit exterior.  In addition, the wing bulges and rudder are 6 early while the canopy is 6 late.  Just an observation, not a criticism.

Sincerely,

Mark

The frame is indicative of a refit from the earlier standard canopy to the Erla Haube.

YydiqW.jpg

An external indicator is the antenna post is attached to a flat plate connected to the tubular frame and aft of the canopy itself.

HTH,

Damian

2 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Sincerely,

Mark

Reading the blog, he says that the pictures show test assemblies and admit that they are mixing parts from various versions.

As far as I am concerned the kits need no decals at all.  Save a buck there is no shortage of markings for 109s and 190s.  Also no shortage of research on the colors and markings.  Give me the parts with great instructions in a white box, I will deal with the rest.  I am more interested in the 190, but when they do the G6 I thin I will be there.  I have never done a 1/32 109g and I owe myself one.  Nothing against the 109 just have not got around to doing any of the G kits on the market.  

I look foreword to every ZM blog, I just love their stuff but have not bought a kit yet, I did bid on one last night though, just sold to someone else.  Does someone out there want to make me a great deal on a ZM sky raider?  So many models so little time is my problem.  then there is that pending P-40 we all know about and then their are those new F-4s on the way from Spruebrothers.  I am 50 years old and time is short. It just is not all going to happen.  

Edited by cbk57