Hmm. Don't know what that double is about. Anyway, onward thru the fog.
Cut down and blanked off the MK 108 cannon housing and made a handle and knob. I didn't bother with the shady side detail as I figured it wouldn't be seen.
Chiseled off the seat belts. Not so perfect. Oh well. Rudder cable and electrical line cut-out toward bottom.
Sanded down the rudder pedals, cleaned the heel as best I could. I suppose I can go over that are with liquid cement to smooth things out. Tape straps. The pedals have .010 x .040 returns glued to the back, with the extension folded forward. Anyone who has tried to fold thin styrene will know that the styrene has memory and tends to return and not stay at a 90degree angle. If you put a spot of CA on the inside of the return you can get the styrene to stay at 90degrees. The CA will harden and allow the piece to keep the angle.
Rudder pedal cable, Left side: old electrical box chiseled off and new electrical box located to accommodate right side oxygen regulator panel. Right side new configuration for I know not what.
Right side panel. A lot of chiseling done, here. 2 new fuel lines to the left. Next, a cover, below that a handle. Needed to chisel off the oxygen gauges from behind the panel. Didn't do such a good job and had to scrounge oxygen gauges from the spare parts box. Also chiseled off some oxygen tubing and stuff from behind the panel. Chiseled off the lower left diagonal rib from the circuit breaker. I see there is more work to do. Built the flare cartridge base. Made the oxygen on/off handle with tubing.
A lot of fiddling to get everything to fit. The flare cartridge box as you will note when comparing its' location to the reference drawing is elsewhere. I couldn't manage to fit it as per the photo. Knob on vent door, and enhanced vent door triangular guides.
Other side. The outside wheel should be smaller. I failed miserably in my attempt so went with the kit wheel. Albion Allow tubing to the left of the wheels for the chain, which is twisted wire. At the top, canopy release and canopy emergency release are G-10 details as the canopy is an Erla. To the right, the wiring and cover are enhancement of what was chiseled off from the kit. Balls on throttle and emergency canopy release I think is Purigen, a salt water tank filter media.
Still have the bucket seat and Instrument Panel to do.
Thank you for looking in.