New "Ranks and Reputations System"

LSP_Kevin

New "Ranks and Reputations System"  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of continuing with the new "Ranks and Reputations System"?

• Yes - keep it
    • No - ditch it
    • Maybe - wait and see
    • Don't care either way

This poll is closed to new votes

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far, and the trend is clear already. However, the total vote count is still pretty low, and I'd like to see a much more significant portion of the active membership have their say, so that the final decision is as representative as possible.

Kev

I'm not bothered by them, but I'm at a loss as to why people are so upset by them. As far as I can see the only impact they have is slightly covering up a small portion of your avatar. Essentially, it's just a different graphical representation of the 'kill markings' which used to sit under your avatar denoting how may posts you've made, and that didn't seem to annoy anyone.

Edited by vince14

3 minutes ago, vince14 said:

I'm not bothered by them, but I'm at a loss as to why people are so upset by them. As far as I can see the only impact they have is slightly covering up a small portion of your avatar. Essentially, it's just a different graphical representation of the 'kill markings' which used to sit under your avatar denoting how may posts you've made, and that didn't seem to annoy anyone.

Well, that's because according to your badge, you are only 'Proficient 10/14'. Us higher individuals (Veteran 13/14) have a more refined view on the matter - although we would defer to 'Grand Masters 14/14' of course

I think it is silly and unnecessarily divisive. The system grades us all into categories and displays it on our avatars for all to see for no apparent benefit

Richard

I thought I'd said I'd shut up about this 

1 hour ago, RLWP said:

Well, that's because according to your badge, you are only 'Proficient 10/14'. Us higher individuals (Veteran 13/14) have a more refined view on the matter - although we would defer to 'Grand Masters 14/14' of course

I think it is silly and unnecessarily divisive. The system grades us all into categories and displays it on our avatars for all to see for no apparent benefit

Richard

I thought I'd said I'd shut up about this 

The thing is, though, the previous system of 'kill markings' and titles like 'Hooked for life' under our avatars did exactly the same thing - divided us into categories and displayed it on our avatars for no apparent benefit - and no-one thought that was silly and divisive.

If we get rid of this revamped system we should also get rid of post counts under avatars.

I have no objection to a ranking system - it's just that this one looks awful and (in my opinion - other opinions may well differ) childish. If we're going to have one, my vote is to go back to the dots.  In the same vein, I don't believe we need the new shield icon for mods... after all, they're clearly identified as such by the "LSP moderator" member group label under their avatar.  The "earned badges" thing can go, too.

Sorry all, my back hurts so I'm being grumpy today.

Edited by Sepp