Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

19 minutes ago, Iain said:

Latest arrivals:

48b427_390ee86b331947e4b364226006d5bd55~

Henschel was on offer last week at Jadlam models - now all gone. I don't 'officially' have it yet - it's my birthday prezzie for late May - so being hidden so that I can have a 'surprise'  :)

OMG ok yeah this one gets me!!! i managed to get my hands on the original boxing with resin brass cannon (was a surprise in the box second hand FTW) then obviously this one came out! 
I'm  probably gonna build 2 !  

Back from Euro Model Expo 2023 I've added some more winged things to the stash:

imgp6478pif97.jpg

Modellbau König from Germany was there (as always - he is a sponsor of the event). Surprise: A collection of sold-out WNW kits with mangled boxes :m0152:

Owning most of the other kits I added two Snipes and a Camel to my collection. If you can read the price tag - only 75 bucks (Euro) each. The contents are fine, nothing damaged inside the boxes. Fokker and Fighter were regular buys a few days ago. Some HGW sets for some of the kits and new blades for the resin saw. Below are a Fiat CR.42 (and a set of resin wheels on top) and a long sold out V2 on Meillerwagen. It's just for the trailer - I've got a Rheinbote conversion to replace the fat V2 with something much sleeker.

Enjoy

- dutik

Well, I have one of those decade numbered birthdays coming up and for the last few the wife says we need to go somewhere that I would like which usually includes something about airplanes. 10 year ago it was Pensacola. This year we went to Tuscon and the Pima Air and Space museum.

z3lpeG.jpg

And something purchased there.

wwsnwh.jpg

It turns out that there was an airshow at Davis Montham this weekend, so I also got to watch some of the arrivals and the Thunderbirds practice on Thursday.

i9Dx6K.jpg

AMuDLv.jpg

EFpegC.jpg

t0pkum.jpg

gGhNPw.jpg

They also have a Tarhe and since the new kit is arriving, I took quite a few photos. I don't know the procedure for submitting a walkaround to post them.

VHTXMJ.jpg

I took a bunch of other photos at the museum, so ask if you're looking for something specific. I didn't do a walkaround of every plane though.

Saturday we drove up to Phoenix for some Cactus League Baseball, but stopped at a well known hobby shop, wish we had one like it here in the Nashville area.

UB2CL3.jpg

I bought a couple of items plus some Tamiya paint.

VZSOLm.jpg

And of course, when we returned home the Kotare' Spitfire was here waiting.

chsbYd.jpg

So, after 3,735+ miles, watching terrain change and beautiful scenery as well as some National Park visitations, it's time to get back to modeling. :yahoo:

Edited by denders

24 minutes ago, denders said:

Well, I have one of those decade numbered birthdays coming up and for the last few the wife says we need to go somewhere that I would like which usually includes something about airplanes. 10 year ago it was Pensacola. This year we went to Tuscon and the Pima Air and Space museum.

z3lpeG.jpg

And something purchased there.

wwsnwh.jpg

It turns out that there was an airshow at Davis Montham this weekend, so I also got to watch some of the arrivals and the Thunderbirds practice on Thursday.

i9Dx6K.jpg

AMuDLv.jpg

EFpegC.jpg

t0pkum.jpg

gGhNPw.jpg

They also have a Tarhe and since the new kit is arriving, I took quite a few photos. I don't know the procedure for submitting a walkaround to post them.

VHTXMJ.jpg

I took a bunch of other photos at the museum, so ask if you're looking for something specific. I didn't do a walkaround of every plane though.

Saturday we drove up to Phoenix for some Cactus League Baseball, but stopped at a well known hobby shop, wish we had one like it here in the Nashville area.

UB2CL3.jpg

I bought a couple of items plus some Tamiya paint.

VZSOLm.jpg

And of course, when we returned home the Kotare' Spitfire was here waiting.

chsbYd.jpg

So, after 3,735+ miles, watching terrain change and beautiful scenery as well as some National Park visitations, it's time to get back to modeling. :yahoo:

The Pima museum is great!  Loved when I visited it.

On 3/31/2023 at 12:14 PM, LSP_K2 said:

Just send them to me and I'll post them for you.

And photos received. Thanks. I'll try to get them added to the database today sometime.

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I'll be interesting in your impressions of the Cain kit, Carl. I have their ED-209 kit, and while I haven't built it, it certainly looks excellent in the box.

Kev

I have their ED-209 as well but haven't built that either. Cain is similar in quality. 

They've included the option for the head to be open so you can display Cain's monitor and there are decals/stickers to match. 

PXL_20230405_231443644-L.jpg

Some of the joints are preassembled and are indexed so they should hold their position.

PXL_20230405_231503701-L.jpg

One letdown is the Minigun. It's moulded in two halves and the barrel ends are solid. Being fairly prominent, it's too bad it wasn't done in more parts for better detail. 

I'm happy to have it and hopefully will get to it soon. 

My big sci-fi project this  year will be the Max Factory Strike Valkyrie.