Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Two recent acquisitions.  I've been eagerly awaiting this, as I want to do an A-10 but did not want to try it with the dated Tamiya 1/48 kit:

poltyVwoj

It was hard to find as the first wave that hit the hobby stores seems to have sold out in about -3 seconds.

Curiously, despite limited remaining availability of this kit (or so I've heard):

poJu3zTnj

I put in the minimum bid for it on an eBay auction and to my surprise got it - no one else even bid.

I am really hankering to build something that's good enough to do OOB once I wrap up with my current "maximum aftermarket" Ukrainian Flanker, and I think it's probably going to be one of these two.  Both have gotten rave reviews, and a quick look at the sprues certainly doesn't disappoint...

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Two recent acquisitions.  I've been eagerly awaiting this, as I want to do an A-10 but did not want to try it with the dated Tamiya 1/48 kit:

poltyVwoj

It was hard to find as the first wave that hit the hobby stores seems to have sold out in about -3 seconds.

Curiously, despite limited remaining availability of this kit (or so I've heard):

poJu3zTnj

I put in the minimum bid for it on an eBay auction and to my surprise got it - no one else even bid.

I am really hankering to build something that's good enough to do OOB once I wrap up with my current "maximum aftermarket" Ukrainian Flanker, and I think it's probably going to be one of these two.  Both have gotten rave reviews, and a quick look at the sprues certainly doesn't disappoint...

Nice find, id say it depends on what that minimum bid was :)

Just FYI fellas, but I've just been through and given this thread a massive prune, and it's now over 200 pages shorter.

I can also report on my latest arrivals, the first being a large assortment of airliner accessory decals (windows, doors, vortex generators, supplementary details) from Authentic Airliners Decals:

0t7ZYT.jpg

These are mostly for my planned 1/72 scale builds, but there's some smaller scale stuff in there too.

I've also just taken possession of some new rivetting tools from Galaxy Tools, courtesy of our own Eric Galliers of Manscale Models:

jeCg6Y.jpg

I have to confess that I've only ever rivetted one model, and while I definitely felt it was worth the effort for that particular model, I haven't otherwise been convinced of the need for it more generally. Until I started following (and publishing) John Kim's (Thunnus) builds, that is! With the RB Productions rivetting wheels now out of production, these seemed to be a suitable replacement, though I wouldn't call them cheap. Just need to find a project to use them on, now!

Kev

6 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Just FYI fellas, but I've just been through and given this thread a massive prune, and it's now over 200 pages shorter.

I can also report on my latest arrivals, the first being a large assortment of airliner accessory decals (windows, doors, vortex generators, supplementary details) from Authentic Airliners Decals:

0t7ZYT.jpg

These are mostly for my planned 1/72 scale builds, but there's some smaller scale stuff in there too.

I've also just taken possession of some new rivetting tools from Galaxy Tools, courtesy of our own Eric Galliers of Manscale Models:

jeCg6Y.jpg

I have to confess that I've only ever rivetted one model, and while I definitely felt it was worth the effort for that particular model, I haven't otherwise been convinced of the need for it more generally. Until I started following (and publishing) John Kim's (Thunnus) builds, that is! With the RB Productions rivetting wheels now out of production, these seemed to be a suitable replacement, though I wouldn't call them cheap. Just need to find a project to use them on, now!

Kev

Nice decals!  I’m going to have to look into that…

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

Nice decals!  I’m going to have to look into that…

I used their '3D' window decals on my Minicraft 1/144 Electra build, and they look quite convincing:

kuidUK.jpg

However, on the sheets at least, they seem a little less convincing in 1/72 scale. Of course, context is everything, and it may well be that they will look fine on the model. I'm looking forward to finding out!

Kev

Who woulda thunk it...   3D Windshield decals!

Anyways... 

A brace of Gustav's arrived from Volks Japan today.  They came with two surprise resin figures.  Thank you, Volks. 

IMG_1937.thumb.JPG.8dcc18f284e7304542b7abbe3be84e93.JPG

Alas, the figures are cockpit sitters in full gear with oxygen mask.  I don't think I will have much use for them as I generally place my aircraft on the ground.

49 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Who woulda thunk it...   3D Windshield decals!

Anyways... 

A brace of Gustav's arrived from Volks Japan today.  They came with two surprise resin figures.  Thank you, Volks. 

IMG_1937.thumb.JPG.8dcc18f284e7304542b7abbe3be84e93.JPG

Alas, the figures are cockpit sitters in full gear with oxygen mask.  I don't think I will have much use for them as I generally place my aircraft on the ground.

How much did they set you back, Gary?

Kev

27 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Considering what I paid to get a Revell G6 passable, worth it.  Shipping from Japan is killer.  Then there's the exchange rate.

I'm going to have to stick with the Revell kits, unfortunately.

Kev

Latest arrivals:

48b427_390ee86b331947e4b364226006d5bd55~

Henschel was on offer last week at Jadlam models - now all gone. I don't 'officially' have it yet - it's my birthday prezzie for late May - so being hidden so that I can have a 'surprise'  :)

And these - I'm not greedy - one is for a good friend of this parish - pre-order boxings with some extra goodies...

48b427_d47c2434c23e4211aed796bdd5004460~

Looks an absolutely superb kit - and the one I want to build is one of the options - so happy days!

Iain