Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

2 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

…I got tired of asking my family to get me one of these as a gift for my birthday, Christmas..So I just got it myself-

IMG-9719.jpg

yay for me!

P

Max creepiness.  

I was trying to figure out how to turn it around...but that's not happening. Still cool though and I can think of several drinks that would fit nicely in a pictcher. No, I'm not an alcoholic but my Grandson was 100 days old last weekend and it was a good birthday party.

Edited by Juggernut

26 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

I was trying to figure out how to turn it around...but that's not happening. Still cool though and I can think of several drinks that would fit nicely in a pictcher. No, I'm not an alcoholic but my Grandson was 100 days old last weekend and it was a good birthday party.

I’m not an alcoholic…they go to meetings. I just drink a lot.

4 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

…I got tired of asking my family to get me one of these as a gift for my birthday, Christmas..So I just got it myself-

IMG-9719.jpg

yay for me!

P

Even better if you put it on the mantle and turn it around prior to trips so that the Missus knows your sked…

Surely not the cup of tea of most LSP members but for the ones who also like AFVs, I had at last the opportunity to get the new edition of the Son of Sherman in 2 volumes! This limited edition is a pure treadhead delight!!! Far from cheap but each edition was noticeably thicker than the prior one and we get now 942 pages of perfect historical, technical and modelling reference about the Sherman tank. I don't think they will go further as the crazy thing is the fact this thick and heavy reference only focuses on the US tank versions whereas the Sherman derivatives and the foreign use and versions are simply not covered. Alas, I'm afraid the already expensive price will explode in some months to reach unattainable summits... Highly recommended while still available.

58 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Surely not the cup of tea of most LSP members but for the ones who also like AFVs, I had at last the opportunity to get the new edition of the Son of Sherman in 2 volumes! This limited edition is a pure treadhead delight!!! Far from cheap but each edition was noticeably thicker than the prior one and we get now 942 pages of perfect historical, technical and modelling reference about the Sherman tank. I don't think they will go further as the crazy thing is the fact this thick and heavy reference only focuses on the US tank versions whereas the Sherman derivatives and the foreign use and versions are simply not covered. Alas, I'm afraid the already expensive price will explode in some months to reach unattainable summits... Highly recommended while still available.

It really is a great reference book. I picked one up as well.

The postie just dropped off my most anticipated kit this morning and I am a happy man

2024-04-11_01-14-50

20240411_131552

As well as this

2024-04-11_01-26-02

I now have 4 new ships to go with my other 4 more traditional subjects (New Jersey, Enterprise CVN-65, Yamato and Z39) awaiting their turn on the bench

2024-04-11_01-26-57

I have to stop buying these kits!