Jump to content

The Madhatter

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    271
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About The Madhatter

  • Rank
    Hooked For Life
  • Birthday July 26

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Melbourne
  • Interests
    I'm into Sci-fi, Russian (and to a lesser extent US) military equipment, and the occasional train subjects.

Recent Profile Visitors

1,093 profile views
  1. I was lucky to get some free time this afternoon, so I took some pictures of where I am currently up to I have been working on this as well as the Batmobile and have actually got quite a bit done. I have cemented my base plans and I'll show you a picture later on of what I have in mind. So, I have been casting multiple copies of my very expensive 3D printed DS tile ready to layout on the sheet and that has consumed a fair amount of time so far, but TBH, it's not hard to mix up a batch of resin and make a copy while waiting for the spuds to cook or what have you. The surface detailin
  2. thanks mate Yeah, I like that colour combo too. I was thinking of adding a red cheat line on there but couldn't make my mind up where it should go, so I left it
  3. Hey everyone Here's my latest side project - the BM V SM Batmobile - without the guns and in a more fun paint scheme. I bought this a few years ago with this idea in mind to turn it into something less sinister and more interesting. I was going to do it in red and black, but I felt the metallic blue was better. I've always liked the basic shape of the Batmobile but prefer it without all the fenders and guns - and the roof. Anyways, it was just a fun build - except for the rear wing: that was a nightmare to get on. Oh, and ET cement ran right down the inside of the windscr
  4. You get used to it after a while and getting them to sit right becomes easier. I could put some at off angles but then they wouldn't flow right. Im hoping to get some solid bench time this weekend so all being well, the other side will come together quicker. Its mostly the edge panels that take the most amount of time to detail
  5. While I wait for my new 3D printed tile to arrive, I have been quietly working away on the ship and have finally finished one side. Now I just need to start the other side.... Trying to get a shuffle on this one as I want it done for Expo next year (providing its on of course) Well, that's it for now, but as always, thanks for looking! Cheers Si
  6. I have never used Floquil so I can't comment on that but I can't be without my Tamiya X18 semi gloss black. It makes a fantastic black base coat.
  7. Sadly it didn't due to the resin being too old. I've had to buy more resin today so am now waiting for that to arrive. However, I'm also going to cheat and am scrapping the original base and have ordered a 3D printed tile in 1/2256 scale which I will take a mold of and cast numerous copies. This will give me a much more detailed base than I can make by hand.
  8. Hi everyone Well, my replacement grid sheets finally arrived last week and I have now finished my master which I will make a cast of tomorrow and hopefully, will be able to produce enough copies to cover a large area. Started off with this: Ended up with this: Will post the results of the casting even if it fails Thanks for looking Si
  9. Thanks for the help Kev. I was copying the wrong link from Flickr
  10. Looking fantastic Brett! You've got your work cut out for you with riveting - not a job I would like to take on myself That engine is amazing BTW
  11. thanks bro. I didn't think of checking that part of Flikr
  12. Not sure which version but you can see the results in the non lsp post I put up earlier. I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me, I can't figure out what
  13. thanks Kev. I tried hitting enter: result = link Tried using insert image from URL: just went round and round and round = no image or was a red box
×
×
  • Create New...