The Strangest Model Kit Ever...

vince14

It's supposed to help celebrate the upcoming 50th anniversary of Nissin Cup Noodles, and is intended more for the Japanese market where such things are common knowlage. In addition to the full-color kit, Bandai will also be releasing the Gold Edition kit next year:

https://hypebeast.com/2020/9/bandai-spirits-hobby-best-hit-chronicle-nissin-cup-noodle-golden-edition-release

Ain't for me, but it would be interesting to see more oddball kits released as promotions. 

D

Nissin Cup Noodles is the Asian equivalent of the Campbell Soup tin can made famous by Andy Warhol. It’s a true pop icon in the entire South- East Asia.
Pre-shading and airbrushing these compressed noodles must be quite an experience and would beat the WWII Italian spaghetti camouflage any day!

I want one!:rolleyes:

This makes me wonder why there isn't a 1/1 scale model of a 6-pack of Ice-Cold-Budweiser.  Imagine modelling that condensation!

Of course...  you'd really have to worry about your buddies touching your model without permission!

Edited by Gazzas

18 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

This makes me wonder why there isn't a 1/1 scale model of a 6-pack of Ice-Cold-Budweiser.  Imagine modelling that condensation!

Of course...  you'd really have to worry about your buddies touching your model without permission!

Archer might release a skin of clear droplets for you!

A friend of mine actually modeled ice cubes for a photo shoot of some type of drink. They don't melt under the hot studio lights.

This is what I miss about living in Japan. They love miniatures of everything. The cuter the better of course (Kawaii). Seriously though...I remember going grocery shopping and having endcaps full of 1/144 prepainted kits between the fruit section and the fish. Made grocery shopping fun, and my wife never knew what I’d come home with. Food or plastic...or both!

-Peter