Iain

1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

37 minutes ago, John1 said:

Can any of the experten conclusively determine if this is the Vietnam era bird or the earlier WW2/Korean War variant?

That's the earlier version in photo from what I can see - dorsal turret, no tip tanks, original props and cowlings etc..

Iain

The bomb bay doors are open, who'd do that for a hoax. I sincerely hope they get the seats right. 

Found a stunning Armee de l'Air aircraft, overall nm and black nacelles. :wub:

1 hour ago, John1 said:

I'm in. Unlike the trainwreck B-24, I can't see them finding too many areas on the A-26 to screw up beyond repair.   Plus it fit's my storage requirements nicely.  Can any of the experten conclusively determine if this is the Vietnam era bird or the earlier WW2/Korean War variant?

Either way, lots and lots of aftermarket decal and resin opportunities here!

Now if they just do the "other" B-26.

What is shown in the photos is not the Vietnam A-26K.  For one thing, the buildups have top turrets, which were not on those aircraft.  My suspicion is that their releases are going to be similar to the 1/48 Monogram releases, WW2/Korea.

1 hour ago, John1 said:

I'm in. Unlike the trainwreck B-24, I can't see them finding too many areas on the A-26 to screw up beyond repair..

Then explain the abysmal mess that is the Monogram 1/48 kit.  The A-26 has been extremely poorly served by kit manufacturers.  The only one that "looks" and "sits" like a real A-26 is the ancient box scale Monogram kit from the 1950s.  Every other kit ever done has had major problems with shapes.

50 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Hopefully an AM manufacturer would serve us up a Counter Invader conversion at some point.

Funny you say that as that's the first version to be released, the one I want is, naturally, the last and the glass nose is frosted, honest. 

2 hours ago, Iain (32SIG) said:

I've got a good book, somewhere, on French Invaders...

<wanders off to see if he can find it>

Iain

Found the one I was thinking of - not actually/specifically French Invaders (my bad memory) - but some really good detail stuff:

71qNdJKb3uL.jpg

Got it when I was working on the ID kit - but out of print now...

Iain

5 hours ago, Iain (32SIG) said:

Found the one I was thinking of - not actually/specifically French Invaders (my bad memory) - but some really good detail stuff:

71qNdJKb3uL.jpg

Got it when I was working on the ID kit - but out of print now...

Iain

I think that's "our" Francis, no?

Kev