Lanc has landed

Squito2340

For a $500 dollar model to not include two main canopies ie with and without blisters is just being tight and short sighted.

HK models kits are far from cheap but little things like being tight with parts on kits that should be fully optioned leave that bad taste of cheap.

Tamiya can include how many canopies in the Mustang but HK cant be bothered to include one extra on a significant difference for 3 times(8 times in Japan) the price.

Looking forward to seeing the Lanc in person but HK should not be so lazy with such an expensive and looked forward to kit...

They should be offering an alternate not leaving a double pained canopy in such a prominent location.

Edited by Darren Howie

It’s worthwhile absorbing this, ‘It’s a 1/32nd scale Lancaster’. We are fortunate to be living in such times.. when I began modelling nearly 50 years, we were building AIRFIX KITS that would barely go together without significant encouragement. I remember mixing my own batches of glue mixed with sprue for filling. How good is this , a 1/32 Lancaster!

6 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

For a $500 dollar model to not include two main canopies ie with and without blisters is just being tight and short sighted.

Judging by previous posts, some had no blisters, some had both and some had only a single.

So that would need 4 canopies included with the kit to cover all versions (allowing for a single blister on port or starboard)?

Sounds to me like HK did a pretty shrewd thing by giving the modeller a choice by supplying separate blisters so they can get the can 'o' peas correct for the version they are building.

:)

Edited by PhilB
spelling!

3 hours ago, PhilB said:

Judging by previous posts, some had no blisters, some had both and some had only a single.

So that would need 4 canopies included with the kit to cover all versions (allowing for a single blister on port or starboard)?

Sounds to me like HK did a pretty shrewd thing by giving the modeller a choice by supplying separate blisters so they can get the can 'o' peas correct for the version they are building.

:)

or 1 canopy with no side panels so that you add your own AKA Tamiya 1/48

31 minutes ago, Markjames1968 said:

or 1 canopy with no side panels so that you add your own AKA Tamiya 1/48

+1

I seem to recall that HK had a similar issue with the canopy on the Do335B-6. In the test sprues the canopy was shown with this 'glue on the blister' arrangement. However they revised this approach with the production kit to incorporate the approach that you have suggested here Mark - a canopy missing the pane of blistered glass plus a blistered pane to be added by the modeller. A better approach I feel.

37 minutes ago, Padraic Conway said:

However they revised this approach with the production kit to incorporate the approach that you have suggested here Mark - a canopy missing the pane of blistered glass plus a blistered pane to be added by the modeller. A better approach I feel.

Yep, it would have been a better way but people will have to deal with what's in the box I suppose.

Personally I hate blisters.

The plaster always seems to slip off into your sock.......................;)

I just got an email from Hearn’s Hobbies in Melbourne where I had mine on pre order for AUD$414.99. They indicated they expect shipment to arrive early next week and asked we pay the remainder by the 19th. They are honouring the pre order price so for another AUD$355.00 it will be in my clutches by Xmas one expects. A little bit excited......

Regards,

2 hours ago, Kahunaminor said:

I just got an email from Hearn’s Hobbies in Melbourne where I had mine on pre order for AUD$414.99. They indicated they expect shipment to arrive early next week and asked we pay the remainder by the 19th. They are honouring the pre order price so for another AUD$355.00 it will be in my clutches by Xmas one expects. A little bit excited......

Regards,

Well done...now just need the B24 to land...!

1 hour ago, Vynce804 said:

Hi All,

Hannants in the uk now have the Lanc in stock!

cheers

Matt

yep, just parted with the equivalent of 3 weeks worth of my family (of 4) food budget for a big box of plastic. Keeping my head down and not mentioning it to the wife yet, think I will wait until either I or her have a few drinks inside of us !