The Aircraft we would HAVE to Scratch Build Right Now

16 hours ago, Lee White said:

Get the Alcorn book, it will hold your hand thru the entire process, it’s not as scary as you might think.

Which one ?  I'd recommend the soft bound 'Scratch Built' . The hardbound 'The Master Scratch Builders'

which has many amazing models with 'some' info on how some of them were constructed.

Mr. Alcorn 'is' a nice man, he autographed my hardbound copy.

Oh darn  am being old… I forgot to mention the amazing scratch builder Frank Mitchell.  One of my go to builders for inspiration.

:bow:

Wonderful esoteric models.    He has posted build articles here on LSP and Hyperscale.  My favorite is an Australian crop duster. Search him out young grasshoppers. 

A late-mark 1/32 Firefly 5 or 6 would make me happy. I have a vacuform Mk.I which I've considered starting, but still working up the nerve.

Others:

Martin Baker MB.5

P-51H

Avro Canada CF-100

Fortunately some Polish aircraft such as PZL P.7 and the Wilga are now available as 3D printed kits in 1/32 or 1/24.

Richard

Any general aviation subjects, light singles or twins like Cessna Beechcraft, Piper. I’d like to (and will) build just for the colour you can put on them. For my part I’ve picked up and will try to build as static display (Guillows) Cessna’s 180, 172 piper and Bonanza….if I live long enough. I’d really like a 310 II and a 402/404 but oh well.

not true scratch building but as close as I’ll ever get I guess.

7 hours ago, chrish said:

Any general aviation subjects, light singles or twins like Cessna Beechcraft, Piper. I’d like to (and will) build just for the colour you can put on them. For my part I’ve picked up and will try to build as static display (Guillows) Cessna’s 180, 172 piper and Bonanza….if I live long enough. I’d really like a 310 II and a 402/404 but oh well.

not true scratch building but as close as I’ll ever get I guess.

Hats off to you. While I am fine with an interest in military aviation as I am just as interested myself, I don’t understand the predominant lack of enthusiasm with civil aviation: More colorful, great variety and no purpose other than to get people from A to B. Wonderful.!

Kind regards,

Paul

14 hours ago, chrish said:

For my part I’ve picked up and will try to build as static display (Guillows) Cessna’s 180, 172 piper and Bonanza….

What scale are those Chris ?

Alright, here goes...

(All in 1/32 scale)   

1.   Pilatus PC-21

2.  F-111C/G. - Sometimes size does matter!

3.  (And here's a throw from far left field) an Agusta/Westland/Leonardo AW-139 helo - so, so may juicy options....   just say'n...

Cheers,

Wayne 

4 hours ago, Grissom said:

Alright, here goes...

(All in 1/32 scale)   

1.   Pilatus PC-21

2.  F-111C/G. - Sometimes size does matter!

3.  (And here's a throw from far left field) an Agusta/Westland/Leonardo AW-139 helo - so, so may juicy options....   just say'n...

Cheers,

Wayne 

Good choices. I confess I had to look up the AW-139 and now my hat is swept off in tribute to Westland who are another name given to history…

I agree the F-111 in 1/32 would look imposing next to many other jets.  Given that it is a perennial favourite at air shows I cannot figure out why it has been rather ignored in this scale. 

And the Pilatus PC-21 simply looks great in any livery - so yes it would be great to see one of those. 

Kind regards,

Paul