The Aircraft we would HAVE to Scratch Build Right Now

We ALL have our wishlists and this will probably generate eye-rolls from some of the community (so my apologies if this is not your sort of thing).

I am highly interested in what are the top three aircraft that have NEVER been made as a released injection molded nor resin kit in 1/32 or 1/24 .

I’m not including 1/35 as most aircraft have not been kitted in that scale.

This is NOT about the likelihood of them being kitted, just the aircraft you most want and would HAVE to scratch build to get one right now.

Mine are the following (and all are 1/32)

1. Junkers Ju 52/3m - because I want to build a civil version. 

2. Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV  - My uncle worked for Bristol and I know for sure that he worked on Blenheims and Beaufighters in particular so this would be a shoe in for me if anyone kitted the Blenheim.

3. DeHavilland Comet IV in BOAC markings (please no comments that it’s ’just too big in this scale’)

I am highly interested in your thoughts on this subject….and, if there is a vacform of any of the three I am interested in, I would be grateful to know. I am equally interested in any available drawings that are regarded as half decent!

Three shall be the holy number. Three; not four, not two and five is right out there.:P

Kind regards,

Paul

Easy…..

1. Avro Anson: I have a Combat Models (now defunct I believe) partially built…..love it….must finish it.

2. Fairey Battle….I’d do mine as a target tug

3. North American Harvard Mk 1. My dream has always been to convert the KH T-6 but it’s a mega task.

All of these simply because Dad flew them during his time in the RAF. 

Edited by mozart

• LSP_K2 changed the title to The Aircraft we would HAVE to Scratch Build Right Now

Interesting - I've been going through this over and over in my head since I've got into 3D printing and design, with the opportunities to do almost anything you desire.

1 hour ago, Archimedes said:

3. DeHavilland Comet IV in BOAC markings (please no comments that it’s ’just too big in this scale’)

I'd like to think my P-8A Poseidon project demonstrates that larger aircraft are doable in 1:32 (my standard scale). A Comet would be a wonderful project.

My top 3 would probably be:

1. de Havilland Chipmunk (as I own a share in one)

2. Scottish Aviation Bulldog (as friends own them - and I have spent a fair amount of time in them as a result)

3. Handley Page Victor - for it's amazing 'Thunderbirds' shape

I have some others on my list - but you did say 3, so I'll behave! :D

It's good to dream...

Iain

18 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Difficult to say: Voodoo, Neptune & A-37 are in the top of the most desired planes of my list. Then, there is the Sea King and Sea Knight, then the F-82, then the...

:evil_laugh: I'm afraid you have opened the Pandora's box...:wicked:

The Dragonfly would be a great one. I'd have to go with a 1:24 Fokker D.VII