Border He 111 35th Scale

Mark P

7 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

A UK kit-dealer has told me that the chances of Revell doing another run of the He-111 are just about zero. How accurate is this? I have no idea, to be honest.

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Don't believe such gossips. Revell is always releasing their older kits, even the large ones. This is simply a matter of time.

I can't wait for this kit in weird scale to come out, so I can build it as soon as it shows up at my door.......or pick it up from my LHS.

Thank god I'm not a collector. Just want kits that are fun to build & looks great when finished, even with my medicore skills.

Edited by somebody

7 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Is the dihedral off as well? 

Who cares? At that bastard scale it could have a rotor from the Tarhe on top of the fuselage and I wouldn't care. Me, I'm sticking with 1/130th scale, God's scale. If it was good enough for Revell in the 1950's, it's good enough for me!

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Clarification.

On 1/1/2024 at 4:37 PM, Bill Cross said:

I guess this means some of y'all will buy my HE-111 and AM parts?

This will bring in NEW modelers; you guys built this plane YEARS ago. Why would you buy it if it were in 1/32nd scale?

• 3 weeks later...

The questioning part is that I'm regularly reading that the choice of 1/35 for planes will open tons of diorama possibilities. However, frankly, how many dioramas with 1/35 airplanes did you see...?!!

We got the helicopters, then the Fieseler Storch, the L4 Grasshopper and when Border started the series the Me109 and Ju87. 

And...so what? Where are the dioramas? :ph34r:

I think I saw TWO with the 109 and ONE with the Storch... Otherwise, the kits were built as such! This really makes me wonder...:huh:

4 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

The questioning part is that I'm regularly reading that the choice of 1/35 for planes will open tons of diorama possibilities. However, frankly, how many dioramas with 1/35 airplanes did you see...?!!

We got the helicopters, then the Fieseler Storch, the L4 Grasshopper and when Border started the series the Me109 and Ju87. 

And...so what? Where are the dioramas? :ph34r:

I think I saw TWO with the 109 and ONE with the Storch... Otherwise, the kits were build as such! This really makes me wonder...:huh:

I suspect most people will just stick them in their stash, a few will build them and fewer will use them in a diorama.  Does it really matter so long as people enjoy them?  The reality is Border is making 1/35 their thing.  So this will go on indefinitely or until they file for bankruptcy.  However they could have chosen to do no airplane kits in any form, so we would have fewer choices.  Personally I think it desirable to have something to go along with the plane, a figure or vehicle or something of that nature.

Its all a little confusing to me and I ask would anyone buy a 1/37 scale Sherman if one were released? 

I cant believe that the choice of 1/35 is driven purely by Diorama integration with armour but then what would I know. 

On the other hand, I get the discussion around new improved kits, even on subjects that have already been covered, and therefore view it as an expansion to the hobby in improving choice, HOWEVER, while I may fancy having a crack at the 111 as it does look good, 1/35 doesn't really blow my skirt up as there are no subjects released yet that i'm really interested in. 

I do hope these releases are successful as more choice shows the hobby is far from dying, and in time, there may be something for me but in general i'll l be holding on to my hard earned at least until i see some of the 111's reviewed and, who knows, built.