Border He 111 35th Scale

Mark P

Based on the CAD, it looks like a beautiful kit. I sure hope that border has done a better job on both their instructions and their decals. So far I have found numerous errors on both Ju87 and BF 109 G6 kit. The BF 109 G6 had multiple errors and drawings that were misleading.

After working on a couple of ZM kits and using their instructions you do get spoiled as they have the by far the best instructions I have ever used.  

So far on all the border kits, I have built the instructions have very little verbiage and use pictures only. Many times the pictures are drawn at an angle or such that it’s hard to understand where the part you’re trying to place goes.

As a Kudo to border kits so far, all have gone together extremely well however, since no one‘s making aftermarket decals you’re stuck using the decals that come with the kids and they are subpar, and that they are transparent.

Paul

Edited by Paul2660
Clarification

I just started their Kate and it is a fantastic kit, Detail rivals Kotare level of detail. The instructions need help but the detail in the kit is phenomenal.  Having the Kate and the Vampire from Infinity HPH will need to up their game to come close to rivaling this kit. 

8 minutes ago, do335b6 said:

I just started their Kate and it is a fantastic kit, Detail rivals Kotare level of detail. The instructions need help but the detail in the kit is phenomenal.  Having the Kate and the Vampire from Infinity HPH will need to up their game to come close to rivaling this kit. 

I agree 100%!, The only real concern is the decals, the instructions I can work around [not the greatest]. I've only dry fitted the big pieces and looks cool to me.

2 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I agree 100%!, The only real concern is the decals, the instructions I can work around [not the greatest]. I've only dry fitted the big pieces and looks cool to me.

A concern, where can one purchase 1/35 scale aircraft decals?    I just don't see them.

Just now, williamj said:

A concern, where can one purchase 1/35 scale aircraft decals?    I just don't see them.

Neither do i and that's why it's aconcern. The decals look good with good color  and in register but how they'll perform ,well...............

I'd love to do the Kate - it does sound *very* good - it just doesn't fit with my 1:32 collection.

And the Heinkel renders look excellent.

May not be a scale I'm interested in - but wish them well with it - sometimes it's good to have a niche range.

Iain

27 minutes ago, williamj said:

The Hinomarus and stripes won't be bad, it's the numerals and carrier I.D. codes that Might be problematic. I like that they give us codes for 3 different carriers and extra numbers . So one COULD possibly do any Kate from those carriers , except we'd need more of the big black numbers that go on the underside of the wings

3 hours ago, williamj said:

Well I have to be honest, the 111 looks spectacular, really, and I am probably going to buy one, there I've said 

it out loud.   but I still think had they done it in 32nd scale they would have increased sales many times over. 

Ok but isn’t that why they are doing 1/35 because there are more sales in it for them ( as mentioned in Asia?) 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

I'd love to do the Kate - it does sound *very* good - it just doesn't fit with my 1:32 collection.

And the Heinkel renders look excellent.

May not be a scale I'm interested in - but wish them well with it - sometimes it's good to have a niche range.

Iain

I'm with Iain - good luck to them, but I'm out. 

1 hour ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

The Hinomarus and stripes won't be bad, it's the numerals and carrier I.D. codes that Might be problematic. I like that they give us codes for 3 different carriers and extra numbers . So one COULD possibly do any Kate from those carriers , except we'd need more of the big black numbers that go on the underside of the wings

Possibly someone with a Cricut and the skills could set up shop?

2 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Possibly someone with a Cricut and the skills could set up shop?

Now that's a good idea ,though I don't think I could pull that off[ don't have the skills and I know it]. There has to be someone here in our ranks that can do this ,if properly motivated [money?]. The numbers used by the Japanese have their own distinct style. I 'd pay to have it done if need be.

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Ok but isn’t that why they are doing 1/35 because there are more sales in it for them ( as mentioned in Asia?) 

Well if that's the case they must have done the marketing research and determined a more asian modelers market is the direction to proceed and not a global approach.

I wish them well,   besides, many of us 32nd moderlers won't be all that concerned seeing what is coming in 32nd.   But I will still pick one up because my curiosity in how much new detail and posibly new molding might be interesting to look at first hand. but yes, we'll wait for the sprues to decide.  :popcorn:

1 hour ago, williamj said:

Well if that's the case they must have done the marketing research and determined a more asian modelers market is the direction to proceed and not a global approach.

I wish them well,   besides, many of us 32nd moderlers won't be all that concerned seeing what is coming in 32nd.   But I will still pick one up because my curiosity in how much new detail and posibly new molding might be interesting to look at first hand. but yes, we'll wait for the sprues to decide.  :popcorn:

If it is as good in quality as the Kate and FW-190 ,it'll be hard to beat. I also see where they're going to do a Zero, A6M2 no less. The CADS are out over at Britmodeller, so the plot thickens. Anybody want to bet there's ideas of a Val in the offing ? Wouldn't be surprised.