ICM Skycrane

D.B. Andrus

LOL, those magnificent bastards.   I never thought I'd see the day when someone had the cojones to release a large-scale beast like the CH-54.   The CAD shots look impressive but obviously, there is a ton of small details left off the engines and structure.   Biggest no-go for me on purchasing this is the issue of where to display the completed kit.   If you don't remove the rotors or leave a few off, the footprint required for this is truly massive.   

I'm hoping that ICM will decide to use some of these parts and release a line of SH-3's and/or HH-3 Jolly Green Giants.   At least with the Sea Kings, you can fold the rotors. 

One note - kind of strange that ICM decided to release the Cobra in a non-standard 32nd scale and now with this kit, they are back to 35th.    

Wow!!!   As interesting as the military versions are, I think there will be a healthy market for a resin conversion set to make a civilian fire-fighting water bomber.  Erickson's 'Elvis' (and his siblings) have been familiar sights in North American and Australian skies for many years.   Fantastic news, ICM. 

On 12/30/2022 at 3:38 PM, John1 said:

LOL, those magnificent bastards.   I never thought I'd see the day when someone had the cojones to release a large-scale beast like the CH-54.   The CAD shots look impressive but obviously, there is a ton of small details left off the engines and structure.   Biggest no-go for me on purchasing this is the issue of where to display the completed kit.   If you don't remove the rotors or leave a few off, the footprint required for this is truly massive.   

I'm hoping that ICM will decide to use some of these parts and release a line of SH-3's and/or HH-3 Jolly Green Giants.   At least with the Sea Kings, you can fold the rotors. 

One note - kind of strange that ICM decided to release the Cobra in a non-standard 32nd scale and now with this kit, they are back to 35th.    

They originally intended to release it in both scales; 1/32 and 1/35. Whether that still occurs or not is currently unknown.

Gary