Revell 1/32 Gloster Meteor F.3

KiwiZac

4 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

That said, if Revell do release their own, I wouldn't be unhappy if they did a Mk.III or a Mk.8.  The daddy of them all was the NF-14, but perhaps this version would not have as much appeal to most modellers.

meteor%2014_l.jpg

I'd love an NF.14, there's just something about the long nose and blown canopy that appeals.

10 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Well way too soon to tell anything . I just hope it's anew tool and not the H-K one, I've heard not too good of things about that one, though opinions vary

Nothing wrong with the kit and I have built one and converted one.

You might be interested to know that this kit was designed to be 'basic' to keep the price lower.

The importer decides the final price so we shouldn't blame the manufacturer when it seems too high for what we get. The Meteor F8 in our scale is looong overdue so excited about this news!

Actually, Revell generally releases two or three different versions of each new kit. So, it is quite obvious we will at least get a F8. She was used in Korea and Middle East wars, notwithstanding her cold war service. The other question is what will be the second (and possibly third) boxing? A Two-seater trainer, a nighfighter, a reco bird?

I do not think we will get a world war two kit if they are releasing the later ones. This would ask for completely different fuselage, engine nacelles, canopy, etc. However, we will need to be a little bit patient to know what is going on.

Am I wrong or some Cassandra voices announced some months ago that Revell LSP kits were a thing of the past...? :whistle:

F8 with an FR9 option please, pretty please, I've been good all year ...

An NF 14 would be good too, lots of unit markings, or those 1ANS nav trainers with lots of dayglo.

As for the HKM F4, I liked it.

10 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I've built it (though admittedly a test shot) and thought it was fine. A bit light on for detail, with some visible inaccuracies around the engine nacelles, but otherwise it was a fun build.

4 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I have to agree with Kevin ...

Absolutely: a simple build, and there's a Meatbox in your collection.  What's not to like? 

20210831-145959.jpg

I'm not usually a "jet man" but I thoroughly enjoyed building the HKM Meteor, I used the Fisher corrected engine nacelles and possibly more importantly the G-Factor undercarriage.....were there rumours of the kit ones not being strong enough?  Can't quite remember.

VdW4n9.png

Edited by mozart

16 minutes ago, mozart said:

I'm not usually a "jet man" but I thoroughly enjoyed building the HKM Meteor, I used the Fisher corrected engine nacelles and possibly more importantly the G-Force undercarriage.....were there rumours of the kit ones not being strong enough?  Can't quite remember.

Mine has collapsed and been repaired several times, and is in need of being done again.

Kev

22 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Mine has collapsed and been repaired several times, and is in need of being done again.

Kev

Yes I thought it was yours tickling my memory Kev.  G-Factor models products are difficult to get hold of, let's hope the Revell ones will be more robust!

If Revell do this I'm pretty certain Aerocraft would offer brass legs for it. 

I'm really thrilled to hear about this kit. While my preference has to be for an NF.11, an F-8 would be super too. Just hoping this is more than a rumour. 

Tony

11 hours ago, MikeC said:

F8 with an FR9 option please, pretty please, I've been good all year ...

An NF 14 would be good too, lots of unit markings, or those 1ANS nav trainers with lots of dayglo.

As for the HKM F4, I liked it.

Absolutely: a simple build, and there's a Meatbox in your collection.  What's not to like? 

20210831-145959.jpg

Very nice build! I'm going to have to re-evaluate the HK. I'm stoked that someone is considering releasing another big scale Meteor no matter what version! Any actual time line on this yet? I know it's early in the game.