Trumpeter 1/32 P-47D Razorback "Eileen"

Thunnus

fantastic work so far John, I have good memories from this kit, maybe you can improve the headrest which comes flat by adding some texture, maybe scribing  with a knife and adding some foldings or applying milliput  sculpting them, also the control column had a fabric protector and in some manual pictures a cushion can be seen on the seat, I used a resin detail for mine, can not remember the brand,  the gun sight pad was made of black rubber not brown leather, anyway, looking forward to this wonderful build  of yours again, cheers

dc91f3a820a6e76011ead5064c54ccd3.jpg

Screenshot-5279.png

Whats-App-Image-2021-05-17-at-16-41-18.j

Edited by Antonio Argudo

Thanks guys! Not much time spent on model building this week due to a busy schedule.  But at least it's moving forward, slowly.

I've added some details at the base of the control stick including a flange around the base and the control lock linkage.
IMG-3706.jpg

The crosshairs are from the Eduard set and have been added to the Barracuda Type II gun sight.
IMG-3707.jpg

IMG-3708.jpg

Here's a look at the port sidewall with details added to the throttle quadrant.
IMG-3711.jpg

I sat in a P-47 this week and thought how much John would love to be me. I knew the museum (in CT) had one, but had no idea the public could sit in it! Moved all the controls, “fired” the guns and had the bubble close on me. Dreamy. 

e1NNt4.jpg

L2CXmR.jpg

Edited by Jim Barry

Wow... yeah I'd love to be you Barry!  That must've been such a cool experience.  Most of the museum exhibits that I've been to are look-no-touch.

The instrument panel has been completed.  It's the Yahu instrument panel glued onto the kit IP backing, but trying to make it look like it is one unit.
IMG-3714.jpg

IMG-3715.jpg

IMG-3716.jpg

I went ahead and drilled out the waste gate openings.  Small sections of brass tubing will be used for the waste gates and I'll use punched circles of brass sheet for the covers.  They have not been glued into place yet.
IMG-3719.jpg

IMG-3718.jpg

IMG-3717.jpg

Thanks guys!  I've started on the painting of the cockpit.  Based on the amount and type of photoetch/decals that go on each sub-assembly some areas are closer to finished than others.  And there are adjustments being made during painting.  For example, the control stick looked too high to me so I shortened it.  No measurements... just eyeballed it.
IMG-3724.jpg

IMG-3725.jpg

The floorboard and the seat assembly have been painted, chipped and weathered.  There is more chipping than shows up in the photos.  The base metal color was a dark steel and that was augmented afterwards with dry-brushed silver but only the silver seems to be showing up in the pics.
IMG-3726.jpg

IMG-3729.jpg

I'm still working on the sidewalls but here is a peek at the port sidewall after the throttle controls were painted.
IMG-3730.jpg