Trumpeter 1/32 P-47D Razorback "Eileen"

Thunnus

20 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Someday, I'm really going to need you to give a step-by-step of your photography process, since the photos always take your builds to an even higher level.  What a beautiful Jug you built here John

Matt 

Thanks Matt!  I don't use any special lighting... just a white backdrop and shot outdoors on my patio using ambient lighting.  The main key is the ability to post-process.  I know many people can't be bothered by that but I take the time to process all of my photos individually.  And shooting in RAW format gives me even more leeway.  I use Adobe Lightroom.

12 hours ago, Woody V said:

What can I say that hasn't already been said? What a pleasure to watch this unfold and nary one horse collar remark. Guess you showed them. :clap2:

Thanks Woody! I still don't know what the horse collar issue is.  And no... please DON'T show me!!  Ignorance is definitely bliss in this case!

On 6/3/2023 at 10:24 PM, hworth18 said:

Absolutely stunning piece of workmanship!! Congrats on a fine build!

My one and only question, what is your overall opinion of the Trumpeter Jug kit?

Thank you very much!  I have a very positive opinion of the Trumpeter P-47D kit.  I thought it went together well.  Cockpit is nicely detailed with an opportunity for further detail it since there is so much room.  The engine is nicely done with full detail front and back.  I didn't like the weak connection between the engine and fuselage so I used magnets to secure the connection.  Even though I like to have rivets on my model, I don't like Trumpeter rivets and wish they were finer or went missing altogether.  Inclusion of the internal supercharger ducting down the center of the fuselage is strange but you can cut it out of the build without sacrificing anything. Four prop choices are provided but the Hamilton Standard is probably not usable due to the oversized spinner.  People have commented about the shape of the engine cowling being bad but it doesn't bother me.  I think it is a good kit.

3 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Thank you very much!  I have a very positive opinion of the Trumpeter P-47D kit.  I thought it went together well.  Cockpit is nicely detailed with an opportunity for further detail it since there is so much room.  The engine is nicely done with full detail front and back.  I didn't like the weak connection between the engine and fuselage so I used magnets to secure the connection.  Even though I like to have rivets on my model, I don't like Trumpeter rivets and wish they were finer or went missing altogether.  Inclusion of the internal supercharger ducting down the center of the fuselage is strange but you can cut it out of the build without sacrificing anything. Four prop choices are provided but the Hamilton Standard is probably not usable due to the oversized spinner.  People have commented about the shape of the engine cowling being bad but it doesn't bother me.  I think it is a good kit.

Thanks for the response and your genuine opinion! I hadn't considered the Trumpeter kit until I saw your build. Even though I can't get anywhere near your skill level, it gives me hope that I can put together a perfectly good representation of a P-47.

Congrats again, I'd vote that the model of the year if there were such a thing on here.