One Man Model plans to release Kawasaki C-1 and Bréguet 763 Deux-Ponts in 1/32 this year?

Jan_G

listed on the website along with already announced L-188/P-3C

wow! interesting choice and some real LSPs. But first I will take L-188

Hopefully Anthony will be able to put some light on it :)

http://one-man-model.main.jp/

1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 Kawasaki C-1
Released by December 2021
1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 Deux Ponts
Released by August 2021
1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 P-3C
Released by May 2021

1/72 & 1/48 & 1/32 L-188 normal airliner ver.
Released by March 2021

C-1

JASDF_Kawasaki_C-1_Aoki-1.jpg

Deux Ponts

Breguet_Br.763_Deux_Ponts,_F-BASQ,_Air_F

I think he just chooses subjects that interest him, he does 1/32 as he never realized how much interest there is in this scale.  He said to me that no one would buy an Andover in 1/32 and he is still selling them!

The reason the P-3C is coming in 1/32 is because of the guys here wanting one.  He has pre orders for 12 at last count.

Who knows, maybe a Herk one day???  I am up for it LOL

Cant really shed much more light on it that that sorry

Cheers Anthony

2 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

I think he just chooses subjects that interest him, he does 1/32 as he never realized how much interest there is in this scale.  He said to me that no one would buy an Andover in 1/32 and he is still selling them!

thanks Anthony for this info, most important is that he has enough interest with 1/32 kits :)

and it looks that this is some kind of list with planned releases for the future, hopefully at least smaller planes out of the list will be released in 1/32 (e.g. Mavis or DHC-4 :) ):

Junkers G-38
Kawasaki Asuka
Kawasaki EC-1
Kawasaki C-2
Kawasaki P-1
Latecoere 521
Latecoere 631
Latecoere 300
SNCASE SE200
Fokker F.XXXVI
Fokker F.XXII
Potez CAMS 161
Shin-Maywa US-1 OR 2
Kawanishi Mavis
Ekranoplan Lun
ANT-20
Blackburn Beverley
Dehaviland Canada DHC-4 or 5 or 6
BAC 1-11
L-1011 Tristar
Armstrong Whitworth AW15 Atlanta
Short Belfast

The kits mentioned are usually made in 1/72 first, but he seems to be including the 1/48 scale with the releases now and maybe even going as far as 1/32 with some persuasion. Congratulations to him and to those of you who love those planes.

I have his 1/72 HP 42 (Western) and it takes a bit of work to smooth out the printing resolution lines, but we knew that when we realized it was an ABS 3D printed model aircraft. Arctic Decals sells an amazing exterior and interior decal set with the wood paneled interior and two alternatives for the Jacobean fabric pattern for the seats. Those require scratch building the seats to do the covering justice, but it is a kit that far surpasses the Contrail alternative.

I can't wait to see the G-38 and the Deux Ponts in a 1/72 airliner collection. Put them near a 737, Concorde or maybe a Curtiss Condor and a Ju-52.

I think that a DH 89 in 1/32 is a big aircraft, so a G-38 or an HP 42 in 1/32 pretty much boggle the mind... but maybe not in the context of a B-24 in 1/32. Anyway, I certainly appreciate the chance to ride along with his obsession (sort of like with another guy who liked big WWI airplanes).

Tnarg

Basically, people start manufacturing their kits, thus forming companies through love of models and particular aircraft (and tanks, ships, trains, etc.).

It is a matter of love, not some executives making their decisions during their three hour lunch after four martinis.  In other words, model companies are started and run by us modelers, once removed.

I will support their efforts in 1/32 as far as my finances will allow.  We all share the same love of models.

Which means I had better gear up to go back to self employed work. However I will not become a manufacturer which although may be easier in this era of 3D printing, because running a company becomes a 70 work week and I am way to old for that. 

Stephen

P.S. I would like to see 1/32 models of the Vengeance, Maryland, Baltimore, and A-20 Boston, as long as we are on the topic.:clap2:

Aha! This man is schemining, SCHEMING I say! Scheming to take down my much beloved "They'll never make......in 1/32!"

Plots in front, plots behind and plots to each side.

This is further proof that the HUMAN RACE tries from every angle to thwart my dreams, DREAMS!!!!!

It's okay. 

Now you can all support my Go Fund Me site in your sincere and earnest desire to please me.

Gentlemen, I find myself tearing up at your offers of kindness and monetary support. With your kind help I will soon have my 1/32 Kawasaki C-1.

You have renewed my faith in humanity.

Search www.Dale deserves eveything he wants Go Fund Me, page. 

Thanks in advance. 

I'm touched. :)

10 hours ago, ssculptor said:

Basically, people start manufacturing their kits, thus forming companies through love of models and particular aircraft (and tanks, ships, trains, etc.).

It is a matter of love, not some executives making their decisions during their three hour lunch after four martinis.  In other words, model companies are started and run by us modelers, once removed.

I will support their efforts in 1/32 as far as my finances will allow.  We all share the same love of models.

I feel very much the same...