1/32 Special Hobby Hawker Tempest V - Fairbanks JJ+F

Thunnus

Great to see another update and I like the mods you have made on the spinner, even that has made a really nice difference!

I shall take on board your notes as I was planning on doing exactly what you have done with your Bara nose.  Food for thought for me doing mine.

Beautiful cockpit work too, you are very talented!

Cheers Anthony (Pleased to see you back on this)

Thanks guys!  I feel a little more "comfortable" with the sizes on this one!  I'll definitely be following Chuck's amazing build to try and avoid as many pitfalls as possible.

Here is the seat after painting but prior to the addition of the seat harnesses.  The top seat attachment has been glued into place but not the bottom one as I need to figure out overall fit of the cockpit tubular cage first.
IMG-1246.jpg
IMG-1244.jpg
IMG-1245.jpg

As you recall, the seat is nicely cast in resin and there are still some small bits and pieces to add to this assembly besides the harnesses.

Thanks guys!  I'm rolling along now... Since most of the cockpit components have been painted, I started to piece together the tubular cockpit frame.  I started by gluing together the bottom and sides.
IMG-1247.jpg

IMG-1248.jpg

The front bulkhead, which had the footrest assembly glued into it first, was slid into place and secured with glue.  The instrument panel is not glued in yet but held temporarily by Blue Tack.
IMG-1250.jpg

IMG-1252.jpg

IMG-1251.jpg

Fit was surprisingly very good and I didn't have any trouble getting all of the pins into the correct holes.
IMG-1253.jpg

IMG-1254.jpg

Next, I'll be finishing up the seat and then sliding the rear bulkhead onto the cockpit frame.