Most elegant WW-2 design ? The Spitfire !

4 minutes ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

Which is why I do not pick one, too many to choose from.

There must be a favourite .

Edited by Erwin

My vote is the North American P-51 D Mustang. Small fast with aeronautical engineering that was first in its class. The laminar flow wing, air scoop under the fuselage and with a propellor that could be adjusted to improve performance at altitude. Lastly, it looked like a killer even on the ground. Sleek lines and very sexy. Perfect propellor aircraft for the time, no contest.

Jim

4 minutes ago, James Rademaker said:

My vote is the North American P-51 D Mustang. Small fast with aeronautical engineering that was first in its class. The laminar flow wing, air scoop under the fuselage and with a propellor that could be adjusted to improve performance at altitude. Lastly, it looked like a killer even on the ground. Sleek lines and very sexy. Perfect propellor aircraft for the time, no contest.

Jim

Yeah I do like the mustang, it's like a friend said to me once it's almost modern in it's design concept,he said I'm sure if you had to design an aircraft from scratch to do what it needed in the same parameters today you'd end up with something looking like a mustang.

BTW, I would be nice to see a similar topic for post WW-2 design started in a new topic.

Not all of us are WW-2 fans.

Someone with knowledge willing to start a new topic ?

Edited by Erwin