New HKM 1/32 model coming soon...

kkarlsen

On 7/6/2020 at 11:52 AM, Gazzas said:

I've heard that the HPH model has been a less than spectacular seller despite many ppl saying it would be.

Facts is...  more modellers prefer planes with guns.

OR ... Maybe it's the outrageous price tag - Triple the price you'd expect to pay for a highly detailed IM kit - I don't care how many guns it has!! ... Coupled with the medium being resin instead of basic, easy to work with plastic - that would prove to be dissuasive ... or perhaps the way that the parts are cast ... recent issues with fit etc?? ... 

Rog :)

On 4 July 2020 at 11:47 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

I know more about what the kit isn't, than what it actually is, and I don't think anybody has guessed it so far yet. All I know about it is that it's a new kit that has not been previously announced or discussed. It's been ready for over a month, but distributors asked Neil to hold off on the release due to COVID.

In any case, whatever it is, Neil's sending me one on Monday, so I guess I'll know at least some time next week. And if I'm allowed to, I'll share it with you guys (I may not be, however).

Kev

Are we there yet?

Tony

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Nope. I don't even know if it has been sent yet. And I suspect that it may be some time before it arrives - especially since we're about to go back in to Stage 3 lockdown where I live.

Kev

Whoops!  The pandemic is going to keep rearing its head until we have a vaccine, so likely right through the Summer and Autumn.

My wife and I only leave the house every four weeks to plop some envelopes in the pillar box and give the car battery a charge — so three times since late March.

Tony 

11 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Whoops!  The pandemic is going to keep rearing its head until we have a vaccine, so likely right through the Summer and Autumn.

My wife and I only leave the house every four weeks to plop some envelopes in the pillar box and give the car battery a charge — so three times since late March.

Tony 

Try factoring in that there won't ever be a vaccine, the clever people were in the 1950's are no longer with us like Dr Jonas Salk. He didn't have half the tools to work with to find a vaccine for Polio like today's lot have got. 

Graham

So this guessing/wishing can go forever...

If we could narrow the subjects down to  what would be inside the range we have seen from HKM it would be less of a shooting gallery in all directions.

A non esoteric, multi engine WWII popular subject - not a B-26 or Ju 52... maybe B-29...

DC-3/C-47 seems to be a popular choise for many, would fit the 'simplified' hint, if considering  not stepping on HPH's toes?

1.jpg

It would be nice if Neil would give us a little hint, or even a clue to solving the mystery...

Edited by kkarlsen

No love for the Martin B-10B? or a Y1B-17B in camouflage multi-colors? Unfortunately nearly as likely as a Savoia Marchetti SM.55 or a Curtiss Shrike series including the A-8 to A-12 plus an Airacuda. That would be surprising, but one or two of us would be very happy. It sure is fun to engage in speculation without limits.

It is good to see some people still trying to bring out new kits. Thank you to Neil and company for that and good luck. But Santa, I still want a Shrike and an SBC-3/4 and a.... (not a football or even a Red RIder BB gun with a compass in the stock).

Tnarg

11 hours ago, Artful69 said:

OR ... Maybe it's the outrageous price tag - Triple the price you'd expect to pay for a highly detailed IM kit - I don't care how many guns it has!! ... Coupled with the medium being resin instead of basic, easy to work with plastic - that would prove to be dissuasive ... or perhaps the way that the parts are cast ... recent issues with fit etc?? ... 

Rog :)

I just don't see the rationale for producing another kit when nobody is buying the only version of that kit available from somebody else.   Every model release is a gamble.  Hopefully these guys don't throw good money after bad.

2 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

I just don't see the rationale for producing another kit when nobody is buying the only version of that kit available from somebody else.   Every model release is a gamble.  Hopefully these guys don't throw good money after bad.

I can see where you are coming from, but I virtually guarantee, its two fold; price and medium.  For me, there is no way I'm paying over $1000 US for any model. Couple that with the resin medium which could scare away a lot of those who might be able to afford the hefty price tag, and you have a poor seller for sure.