Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by kkarlsen

  1. Not being able to let the German floatplanes go, I'm preparing for the release of Lukgraph's Friedrichshafen FF.33 L within the next couple of weeks. Friedrichshafen FF.33's at Zeebrügge. One of the characteristic features of the German Navy at Zeebrügge are the distinctive Rail Cars for transporting the planes and I've been thinking of scratch building one of those for some time now. This means I've started this project backwards trying to figure out how those 'Trolleys' would have been put together.
  2. Having tried to revive the Ship's Camel I don't seem to be able to let the German floatplanes go... As Lukgraph's Friedrichshafen FF.33 L is just around the corner (next couple of weeks) I've decided to 'shelve' the Ship's Camel once again I just can't wait, so I'm putting up another 'In the Navy' build topic with the Friedrichshafen of the German navy at Zeebrügge. Kent
  3. Hi, when I saw this thread header 'Ten Weirdest Aircraft Designs.... I was sure someone would have put up the Linke-Hofmann R.I To my astonishment I hasn't been mentioned before...
  4. Thanks Chris U2! 1. Well I know the story of the belly landing, some of it is mentioned in the LSP article on the build: LSP article + photos on my Facebook page on Bureau number 7277/20 Webpage with the build... Lastly the very comprehensive build thread with some of my research... PBY-5A Catalina (Cutaway) 2. You are very welcome to use whatever you need... Facebook photo album PBY-5A Catalina Cheers: Kent
  5. Thank you for 'adding' to the story of the heroic actions on the Greenland Icecap. Would you have any photos from your fathers time in Greenland? Regards: Kent
  6. Ooooh, great to see your back on the Sunderland! Kent
  7. Thanks, I made a silicone mold for casting the struts for the floats. I reinforced them with brass or steel wire. There are some work involved but it gets the job done and they are stronger than the kit ones... Cheers: Kent
  8. Decal options for the German version...
  9. I would love to, lets see how everything pans out! Kent
  10. A little something to get the right atmosphere... Ein Großkampftag bei unseren Fliegern zur See...
  11. It's here, just put in my order! Friedrichshafen FF 33 L Kent
  12. Engines... that's a part where I find myself struggling a lot! I am really envious of those clean assembly/paintwork one can only marvel upon... On the other hand, I see some progression by each engine I do, so maybe some day... Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Twin Wasp from the HPH PBY-5A (scratched carburetor) Jumo 004 engines (Trumpeter) Liberty L-12V engines. Benz Bz III WNW. Mercedes D.IIIa (Roden) Cheers: Kent
  13. Thank you David, Kev, Brian, Jeff, Gazza & Michael! Appreciate your kind words! Kent Love the dog too, there seams to have been a lot of them around at the German Naval Bases... Cheers: Kent
  14. Finished Albatros W.4 build: Thanks for looking: Kent
  15. Sneak peak of the Albatros W.4 Half way's through the rigging, still all of the rigging of the floats are not done, the elevator's also missing, but it's beginning to look like a W.4. Kent
  16. Sorry Guy's but I'm a bit out of words... This is the point a of build where you are trying to postpone the inevitable as long as possible, hoping, not knowing if it's going to be a success or a failure. Fitting the floats... When you are sure this will take a lot of work testing and fitting, mentally preparing for everything to go wrong... And then, when it takes 5 mins to add the floats and they fit without any problems, you just sit back and look amazed... what just happened?
  17. Bottom wing, stabilizers and rudder is fitted... It took some time but I wanted the wire wheels for the scratched trolleys, as they are show in most of the photos of the W4's. Kent
  18. This is what I've found on the seven 'Camels'... 2F.1 Ship's Camel serial numbers: Jackson N6771 Williams N6823 Samuel Dawson N6605 Smart possibly N6755 Thyne perhaps N6777 Yeulett being N6789, N6798 or N6815 The seven aircraft were split into two flights, with by Captain William Douglas Jackson, Captain William Forster Dickson and Lieutenant Norman Edmondson Williams in the first flight followed by Captain Bernard Arthur Smart, Capt. Thomas Kenwood Thyne, Lieutenant Samuel Dawson and Lieutenant Walt
  19. In my research I found some photos in a Danish 'Arkiv' of a 'scuttled' Sopwith Ship's Camel, with the header 'Forced Landing in Klegod after attack on Zeppelin Base' Could be Samuel Dawsons? Looks to have caused quite the commotion in Klegod, back in the day! Kent
  20. To support the build, I got the Ship's Camel Datafile. The interior, is as far as this build has gotten... Kent
  21. For the small details: A very exciting project, although they are on standby right now... Fairey Barracuda Restoration
  22. For this Navy GB I will try to revive this project. (A year ago, I started on the interior, but somehow it got shelved) It's one of those rare occasions were a Wingnuts Kit actually has a 'Danish angle'. On 19 July 1918, Bernard A. Smart was sent from HMS Furious ca. 15 miles west of Lyngvig lighthouse as leader of the attack on the airship base in Tønder, where the air ships L 54 and L 60 were burned in the big Toska hall. Smart's Camel. Kent
  • Create New...