1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

1 minute ago, Darren Howie said:

Well given its pretty widely known and acknowledged by the ex WW guys that Meng tooled the WW kits is this a surprise?

Hopefully the instructions will be up to the standard and the same with the markings.

Very glad it has snuck through the cracks to see the ex WW Triplane make it out.

When did it become widely publicly known and was acknowledged by ex WNW guys that Meng did the tooling?  I’ve never heard that, and I’m willing to bet that very few people here knew that (if it’s even true).  I think it was widely known that WNW didn’t do their own tooling and that it was actually done by a Chinese company, but have never seen anything stating that it was Meng specifically.

6 minutes ago, Radub said:

Do you have a link to that "source"? I am not sure it is that "widely known". 

4 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

When did it become widely publicly known and was acknowledged by ex WNW guys that Meng did the tooling?  I’ve never heard that, and I’m willing to bet that very few people here knew that (if it’s even true).  I think it was widely known that WNW didn’t do their own tooling and that it was actually done by a Chinese company, but have never seen anything stating that it was Meng specifically.

Agreed. I've not heard that before anywhere, but have really not done research to look for it either. 

45 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Ruby ruby ruby ruby ! 

And no real rigging nightmares. Would look good next to a Richthofen F-4F — did they ever paint one red?

Tony 

exactly!

minimal rigging gets me interested

plus it was flown by the most famous pilot in history (I know nothing of whether he flew this variant? please educate me!)

and hopefully some non lozenge decal nonsense schemes

so i'll probably dip in for one!

Whichever way you look at it, the WnW moulds are pretty worthless now, you strip it all back, and it's completely crazy they didn't kit it years ago, likewise subjects like the Spad.

I recently received the CSM Nieuport XXI and XXIII, lovely kits both, the future's bright.

20 minutes ago, Radub said:

If this was the WNW mould, MENG would have said it. Anything associated with WNW is "hot property" right now. Why miss an opportunity to cash-in on the hype? 

Radu

I agree Radu, plus there are some awkward details on the "Meng" CAD - noticably the clumsy rib tape on the middle wing, which are mistakes Wingnut Wings would not make.