1/32 Fokker Dr.I from Meng

barkhorn

1 hour ago, cbk57 said:

Unless someone is going to claim he or they are fake employees, at least one WNW former employee is stating on Facebook that this was the WNW kit.  Bryan Wall, is his name, I Checked  the WNW website, he is listed as an employee.  

I saw those FB discussions. Either way, a new Dr.1 is welcome. 

Radu

Good catch on the (genuinely terrible) box art. On balance given the former employee's comments on F/B this seems to be the work of The Artist Formerly Known as WNW but I honestly don't care as long as the contents of the box are good. I will be buying this one. 

I for one am pretty happy.   I don't believe in coincidences so unless someone comes up with additional info, for now, I'm assuming we'll be getting the WNW kit (minus their wonderful instruction booklet, which saddens me).  On another plus - looks they are combining the early and late versions in one box, unlike WNW who opted to release the earlier version first and then make me wait for the one I wanted.  

6 hours ago, Radub said:

The Dr.1 was NOT "WNW territory". For almost a decade the "WNW experts" told us that "WNW will never do a Dr.1". It was taken as "Gospel". The WNW Dr.1 was only announced 10 months ago. I can tell you as a designer that this model was started a while before WNW revealed their Dr.1. MENG probably put it on the backburner when WNW announced theirs. Now that the same "WNW experts" tell us that "WNW is gone", they decided that it is a good time to revive it. 

I am still waiting for proof that MENG did the tooling for WNW. Apparently "WNW staff said it". Where? To whom? 

Radu

As Bryan stated and I will state now.. Meng was one of the many factories contracted to do tooling for WNW. The Dr.1's was the latest kit they were tooling. That is the WNW tooling not Meng, Iv'e spoken to the designer (Darren) of the Dr.1 kit and that is his work.

Also to note.... Meng were not doing the tooling on the Lancaster nor the HP's, these were with other factories. 

Guest Vincent

As i said, the molds are still at their place of production and you can bait that the kits will keep coming out. Easy way to pay your debts

6 hours ago, Dave J said:

As Bryan stated and I will state now.. Meng was one of the many factories contracted to do tooling for WNW. The Dr.1's was the latest kit they were tooling. That is the WNW tooling not Meng, Iv'e spoken to the designer (Darren) of the Dr.1 kit and that is his work.

Also to note.... Meng were not doing the tooling on the Lancaster nor the HP's, these were with other factories. 

Yes, I also read the discussions on FB. Because this comes from the WNW designer I am inclined to believe it. Just like many others my trust in utterances coming from people outside WNW is becoming increasingly thin. This proves yet again that all those people who claimed to know intimately all the goings on inside WNW had no idea this was going on altogether. Remember the insane "feeding frenzy of stupid" over the fate of the moulds? Not a single one of those guys who spoke with such "authority" ever mentioned MENG. Now the same guys say that they knew this all along and that it was "widely known". Bullplop! :D

As I said, either way I am happy that we are getting a new Dr.1. 

Radu

Later edit: David Parker has photos of the parts on FB. Link

Edited by Radub