Infinity Models Aichi D3A Val

Jan_G

Did anyone hear from infinity models? - I havent heard anything for 2-3 weeks and they are not replying to my emails..

Pretty safe to say that I will not be ordering directly from them again..

/Niels

1 hour ago, Zola25 said:

Did anyone hear from infinity models? - I havent heard anything for 2-3 weeks and they are not replying to my emails..

Pretty safe to say that I will not be ordering directly from them again..

/Niels

Same here.

+1

Stefano

I am waiting patiently for someone who has got one on this forum to do an honest out of the box review, although I got a Helldiver and did not like it and moved it on, I am ever hopeful for the Val as I have a soft spot for elliptical gull type wings. 
so come on guys that have already got one tell us all about the kit, please.

4 minutes ago, Jan_G said:

They started to ship orders last week

I got mine on Friday

HTH

So you going to give us some pictures, and your thoughts on the model? All the pictures posted up so far are not very crisp, I would really like to see the surface details up close and clear. Would also like to know what you think of the kit overall.

1 hour ago, Ali62 said:

So you going to give us some pictures, and your thoughts on the model? All the pictures posted up so far are not very crisp, I would really like to see the surface details up close and clear. Would also like to know what you think of the kit overall.

I do not think I'm the right person to comment on it Ali :) . Considering myself as a fan of HPH and Infinity I feel I'm biased in this regard. I started mine already and glued the wings together and started to work on interior.

Generally I think its good model with great surface of the main parts and many details in cockpit. The fit is good, however almost every part requires at least a little cleaning and for my taste the plastic is too soft. When comparing to best new offerings like Kotare Spit or HKM A-20G, it is not in the same league. Missing parts numbering on sprues is quite annoying. On the other hand there are paint callouts for almost every part in instructions which I like a lot. And they are referring to MRP paints range which fits me. Engine has better details in resin, but again I like and sometimes prefer to build resin models so obvious option for me here.

Well, and my thoughts when I started :) were, why they are releasing it in plastic for such a price tag (with additional sets included) when they could release it as full multimedia resin kit with crisper details, fabric seatbelts, masks for 50€ more :) 

But again, I'm more than happy to have the Val and will finish it in upcoming weeks and will wait for the release of the Kate.

Regarding the pics, I will try to shoot some good pictures and maybe to start the WIP as well

jan

Thanks Jan, that is already a good and fairly balanced short type review. I do not think any of us would expect these models to be up to some standards by companies that obviously have more elaborate and expensive injection moulding capacity. That is why the surface and the hardness is not up to other companies. One add on extra that seems to be strangely offered is the resin engine, I am not sure why they have cast it like they have, and how that will be more beneficial than the plastic parts? 
It would be great to see your WIP and some pictures, I will wait patiently for my backorder to arrive at Hannants but knowing my luck I will be away on holiday when it does, so I may only see one in my hands at the beginning of June.

5 hours ago, Ali62 said:

I will wait patiently for my backorder to arrive at Hannants but knowing my luck I will be away on holiday when it does, so I may only see one in my hands at the beginning of June.

According to Hannants the kits are now in transit.

On 5/9/2023 at 10:57 AM, coogrfan said:

Good news: I ordered a second kit from Sprue Bros last week, which was delivered yesterday. 

Bad news: it was delivered to my Houston address, and I am in Livingston (approx 70 miles away) until Friday.  

Back in Houston, and I have the kit in my hot little hands.

Surface detail and molding are VERY nice. I hope to do a quick test fit of the major components this weekend to see if it will build as good as it looks.