Infinity Models Aichi D3A Val

Jan_G

3 hours ago, coogrfan said:

Back in Houston, and I have the kit in my hot little hands.

Surface detail and molding are VERY nice. I hope to do a quick test fit of the major components this weekend to see if it will build as good as it looks. 

Cool ! I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. I'm curious to see what I'm getting for my money. The Val fills a niche for the Pearl Hrabor attack and the Kate will really fill the void  We already Have Zeros [A6M2s], now there's just one more aircraft that participated[ perhaps a small part] , Aichi Jake, that fill out the line-up.

Well a hard rain is going to fall, my Val arrived today! It looks pretty good so far as I can tell in the box , not too crazy about the rivets but I'll cope. The instructions are calling out MRP-412 cockpit color I believe this is wrong om what I've gathered from the Aviation of Japan web site. The Aichi cockpit should be a dark green close to 34102. The color they want you to use is for Kawanishi. 

18 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Well a hard rain is going to fall, my Val arrived today! It looks pretty good so far as I can tell in the box , not too crazy about the rivets but I'll cope. The instructions are calling out MRP-412 cockpit color I believe this is wrong om what I've gathered from the Aviation of Japan web site. The Aichi cockpit should be a dark green close to 34102. The color they want you to use is for Kawanishi. 

Apparently the colours can vary, from Aviation of Japan; "The FAOW cutaway depicts a pale green - similar to the Tamiya XF-71 IJN cockpit green colour. There are artifacts knocking about which show colours ranging from a light apple green, through a slightly blueish green to a definite olive green. Some further colour notes may be found here and here."

Full article.

1023__11.jpg

MMD3A1Interior.jpg

34 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Apparently the colours can vary, from Aviation of Japan; "The FAOW cutaway depicts a pale green - similar to the Tamiya XF-71 IJN cockpit green colour. There are artifacts knocking about which show colours ranging from a light apple green, through a slightly blueish green to a definite olive green. Some further colour notes may be found here and here."

Full article.

1023__11.jpg

MMD3A1Interior.jpg

I'll go with that[ pics look blue to me , strange], I got access to the Val in Fredricksberg Tx and the cockpit was a dark green. Yeah , cockpit colors do vary on these Japanese aircraft . I also saw the interior to the only Grace at the Smithsonian's Silver hill complex and that was also dark green, another Aichi product . I'm going with the dark green on mine.

In the past few days I have cut some plastic of my kit, and I'm positively impressed. It's propably no shake and bake kit. As with many kits, the wing root apparently needs some special attention. And there is a slight gape at the tail fin area. But besides that, fit seems to be pretty nice. And I like the surface detail, especially on the fuselage:

cVH2zVD.jpg

EzGx9FK.jpg

gBRCuMQ.jpg

mYWf830.jpg

Cheers

Alex