Infinity Models Aichi D3A Val

Jan_G

5 hours ago, Archimedes said:

HI Kev, I don’t think you have touched a nerve here necessarily. HpH’s bread and butter business is making real sailplanes in 1:1. I suspect this might have been a diversification exercise for them and I suspect they may have found the effort and investment required to produce accurate injection molded miniatures is very high compared to that producing a far more profitable HpH 304S Shark  or Twin Shark sailplane. Of course that is speculative on my part but based on some educated guesses about how their business may work.

Kind regards,

Paul

Heinz sent me this message over on Britmodeller, just to clarify the situation:

Archimedes post on LSP-Forum that HpH Models are producing sailplanes is completely wrong.

HpH Models and HpH Sailplanes are two separate companies.

Jiri Hodan is running HpH Models and CEO of HpH Sailplanes is Jaroslav Potmesil.

HpH Sailplanes are producing the laminate parts for HpH Models, as they have the skills and machinery.

I knew that Jiri and Jaroslav were in partnership somehow, but I didn't know the details, and like you Paul, assumed they were the same company.

Kev

Torn about getting this kit. Japanese subjects are so scarce, but money so tight at the moment. 

The selling point is the joined-up and separate canopy parts, giving a back-up in effect. 

I'll look at the Hannants deal at £100 all-in and delay a couple of 1/48 jet kits that still beckon.

The Vals with the fiery red breath or goldfish orange scales are quite strking.

Tony

Is it even in stock anywhere now?  All the usual shops are sold out.  I wonder if aftermarket companies like the decal and seatbelt shops get angry when they put effort into to researching and creating products only to have the kit manufacturer pull the plug.

On 6/15/2023 at 10:03 PM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

That's about what I paid through M&Models. My order was a little more because I ordered the wing fold add on, but still a pretty good price.

What was shipping?  In my experience, M&M charges something like $20 for even a couple of small decal sheets and small resin bits.  Their shipping costs keep me from buying much from them.

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

What was shipping?  In my experience, M&M charges something like $20 for even a couple of small decal sheets and small resin bits.  Their shipping costs keep me from buying much from them.

Kind of a moot point, unfortunately.  They're out of stock too.  Grab the last one on ebay from Hong Kong if you want it.

12 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Well, the kit was $144[ preorder], the wing fold was $24, and the shipping was $32[ ouch!].The kit was $144, so like i said before about the same price[the kit]