1/32 Tamiya F4U-1a Corsair - Boyington's 17740

Thunnus

6 hours ago, JayW said:

Can you tell me about the silver pencil - what brand, and is there any prep required before applying?  It is very convincing.

I use a Prismacolor 949 Silver Pencil.  I also use different colors depending on the background color.  Greys and brown for lighter backgrounds and greys and silver for darker ones.  It only works on a flat surface as the pencil marks won't "stick" to shiny surfaces.

Edited by Thunnus

31 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

I think you meant Prismacolor, right? That's the exact same one I use. I also use burnt sienna, black, white, a couple of grays, for other highlight or spot work, like wood graining.

Yes!  I'll go correct it now...

Looking very, very good John. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

PS I always get in trouble when I use Prismacolors. Chipping works great, but then when I'm done, I get a talking to for not putting the pencils back in the same spot in my wife's 250+ box of Prismas......sheesh!

Still futzing around with minor details before attaching the aerials.  I know that once I do that, I'll be really restricted in what I can work on.  Yes, it's almost finished but I keep thinking... is there more?  Did I forget something?  Here's the parachute that I painted up way back when, mounted on the wing.

IMG-6942.jpg

Edited by Thunnus