ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Jan_G

There is ALWAYS a room for one more 109. Simply because in real life there were thousands. 

And nobody will ever release a perfect one. But there is a difference between having flaws and inaccuracies all over and having a decent kit with only minor things to fix. ZM are something else, where there are few more thing ABOVE the latter one. 

And ALL the kits of 109 /or any aircraft for that matter/ will always be flawed.

By the simple fact that they are crippled copy of the real aircraft. 

Only the real deal has value. The rest is copycat-ing :)

3 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Can we just move on and just be happy manufacturers are still producing kits of subjects we haven't seen before in more and more detail? Lets bring them on and review them AFTER they show up on the shelves, not before!

one very large "Amen to that"

The only ZM kit I’ve had and built was the Raiden. It was bought at Telford a few years back and I quite enjoyed their stand and the personal service of buying direct from them. The Raiden was a simple build, yes it had some detail never to be seen but I included it anyway, didn’t paint it but added it for any strength it might add to the fuselage. I’ll admit to coming close to buying the Horton and the Do-335 more than once but I really dislike the clear styrene for its brittleness combined with my hamfisted clumsiness makes for many a cracked part. I will certainly heavily consider the Mustang, the 109 not so much as I have the 1/24 Trumpeter one on the go and I tend to limit myself to one of each aircraft type/variant for space and storage reasons. However it’s a masterpiece one of the nephews will find themselves with a 1/24 109 to zoom around the room and I’ll find myself with a new kit in the stash. Ar 234 is an interesting type for sure but not sure I’m interested enough in it to buy one. The current release of the Ki-45 I am interested in but watching the build going on here I am not so sure now, I am a bit ejector pin marked out after the zillion of the things I’ve tackled in my current build. Glad to see they have added solid grey fuselage halves though and I may yet get it, we shall see. 

Wow I'm baffled, weve had threads and threads beggin manifacturers to build an accurate P-51B/C for years, and now that ZM is doing one we are not happy??!! We know ZM has the creds to pull this off, their P-51D was the best one out there until tamiya released theirs 2 weeks after. But still its an amazing kit.

Im thilled and happy to see zm is doing th B/C

2 hours ago, Neo said:

!! We know ZM has the creds to pull this off, their P-51D was the best one out there until tamiya released theirs 2 weeks after. But still its an amazing kit.

Tamiya’s 1/32 P-51D was first released in 2011. ZM came second in 2012, followed by Tamiya’s Pacific version.

Modelers all over the world had every opportunity to compare the 2 kits when the ZM was released and discuss about it on the internet like ... HERE

Just to set the record straight,

Quang

Guys,

We could all put up different sides to that debate and no one is ever fully going to convince everyone on the other side no matter the discussion, nor backing up of that side. It's just how passionate modelers are.

The merits and negatives of each of those D kits has been hashed out for many years, but this particular thread is about the ZM kits, including the B/C 51.

If we steer our discussion back on that I think we'll all be better off

OK, so what we’ve found out in this thread so far:

-The Tamiya P-51D is better than the ZM P-51D.

-Some people don’t like ZM kits.

-Yes, another 1/32 109

Done, done, and done.  Time to move on, I think.

Bottom line:  It seems highy likely that we’re finally getting a new tool P-51B/C (and another Ar234 and 109G) soon.  When it comes out, it will be what it will be.  It’s almost certainly going to be better than the Trumpeter kit, and definitely better than the ancient Revell kit, and people will choose then to buy or not buy.

Back to the 109. I am not certain about the major differences, but somewhere I read that the K actually was faster than the Stang. So if they /differences/ aren't so many, I can only hope that ZM will go towards that direction. 

In the same time I do hope for Tamiya going backwards to B/C Stangs. Although the wing shape annoys me. But overall - lovely bird!

1 hour ago, Eagle Driver said:

Back to the 109. I am not certain about the major differences, but somewhere I read that the K actually was faster than the Stang. So if they /differences/ aren't so many, I can only hope that ZM will go towards that direction. 

In the same time I do hope for Tamiya going backwards to B/C Stangs. Although the wing shape annoys me. But overall - lovely bird!

Depends on altitude, etc but I don’t think either model could out pace the Mustang.    

I’m a huge fan of the B/C, to me a prettier aircraft and historically, more noteworthy than the later D.   Bring it on ZM!!   Let’s start seeing some new aftermarket decals as well!   

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

So long as the Mustang has the bubble canopy. So much more better looking with that style than the early one. 

Agreed but the ones that really made history over Germany had the original style.   Regardless, plenty of nice schemes out there.  

7 hours ago, John1 said:

Agreed but the ones that really made history over Germany had the original style.   Regardless, plenty of nice schemes out there.  

The majority of the RAF B/C's had the Malcolm hood plus the USAF had it fitted to some of their B/C's as well.

So having both styles in the kit would give a wider choice of options when choosing schemes.

Which would be nice.

:)