Jan_G

ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

2 hours ago, 3Putt said:

This virtually guarantees Tamiya brings out a Razorback Mustang before HK or ZM so it's all good in the end. :P

Bob

Is there any information that Tamiya are planning B/C Mustang at all? 

That would be nice if it isn't just a fantasy.

16 minutes ago, Eagle Driver said:

Absolutely nothing that I can tell. Its such a different beast than the D that I think it would take the creation of a whole new nearly complete model. It feels like the last F4U was the last Tamiya LSP we are going to see for awhile....................which with the boom in BIG LSPs, I would think Tamiya would want to jump on the wave of large LSP favor, but then again Tamiya has never done anything the conventional way. 

2 minutes ago, PhilB said:

I think Bob was being very tongue-in-cheek referring back to what happened to the "D" with ZM and Tamiya.

As in joking.

:)

Haha, most definitely.  All joking aside, we need another new LSP from Tamiya-san!

Just now, Out2gtcha said:

Haha, most definitely.  All joking aside, we need another new LSP from Tamiya-san!

Yep, the emoji was the clue.

Another new LSP from Tamiya?

You trying to start another of those "me want" things on this topic???

:lol:

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Instead of a brand new LSP from Tamiya, I’d rather they just continue on with what they started, like a F-16D, slatted F-4E, or glass-nose Mossie.

1 minute ago, Dave Williams said:

Instead of a brand new LSP from Tamiya, I’d rather they just continue on with what they started, like a F-16D, slatted F-4E, or glass-nose Mossie.

Or a -4 F4U!    There are indeed a lot of models continued on from their current line that have been left "hanging" to the dismay of people who like the model Tamiya released, but are after a different variant of that model

5 hours ago, PhilB said:

Yep, the emoji was the clue.

Another new LSP from Tamiya?

You trying to start another of those "me want" things on this topic???

:lol:

Yes, for a "want", once satisfied, is no longer relevant.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:38 AM, Eagle Driver said:

There is no indication in this version of reality that Tamiya is considering or planning a B/C Mustang.  I don’t think you can link at any unused parts in any of their Mustang kits to a possible P-51 B/C and they have given no indication which they don’t do any way.  

I am perfectly happy to see ZM offering this kit.  The chances we would see Tamiya do one in the near future is so remote that it is not worth worrying about.

I really think it is more realistic that Tamiya will not do a new 1/32 release or release a desired variant in 2019 than that they will release a P-51B at any point in time.  My bet is 80% chance there will be no new Tamiya 1/32 in 2019.  I am slightly optimistic that we will get a new 1/32 from Tamiya in 2020 but I still think it more likely we will not get one than that we will.  My plan is to enjoy all the other great stuff coming out that hold out hoping for a Tamiya release that may or may not happen.  I assure you that Tamiya will release lots of great models over the next 2 years but it reasonably likely none of them will be 1/32 airplanes.  They have already announced a 1/24 Ford GT for next year which looks increadible.

8 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

I must admit (and call me a heretic :whistle:) but I am sorely tempted to downscale to one of the Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire Is..

Say it ain't so....!!!!