ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Jan_G

18 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Given the popularity of the previously released 109Gs, you have to wonder how much room there is left in the market to bring out another one, especially presumably a high end one with a full engine and interior bits.  Hasegawa answered a huge pent up demand when they released their 109G series, because prior to that, the only real kit was the ancient Revell kit.  While not perfect, they were pretty darn good, and a host of aftermarket appeared for them, and tons of kits were sold.  Then Revell released their kits, which were also good, and were competive on being cheaper, as well as having some features Hasegawa didn’t, like correct wheel well bulges inside of the wing (instead of just being external bulges stuck onto a flat upper wing).  Trumpeter also released 109Gs, which I think had engines.  Pretty much everyone who has any interest in a 109G likely already has at least one of the previous kits in their stash.

I imagine that for some, there is always room for one more, which somewhat surprises me.  It’s like in the armor world, where companies like Takom, Meng, and RFM are trying to outdo each other pumping out new Panthers and Tigers, oh my!

I would not refer to the Revell -109G-6 as “good”.  Not even close.   The Hase G-6 also has issues.

What might be interesting is that this version was rumored to be on Tamiya’s short list for their next 32nd release.   

1 hour ago, Lud13 said:

Ok...So I see pretty much soon there will be many unwanted Hasegawa 109s in stashes all over the world...I will give good home to those poor 109s..bring it on :)

You and me both,... I love them.

37 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I imagine that for some, there is always room for one more, which somewhat surprises me.  It’s like in the armor world, where companies like Takom, Meng, and RFM are trying to outdo each other pumping out new Panthers and Tigers, oh my!

Much the same as books. Just because I may have one great book on Mustangs, certainly doesn't mean that I will desire no others. There's always room for more.

21 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

If it says Zoukei-Mura on the box, it will sell.

You bet.

I know many complain that there are too many of certain subjects like the BF-109G, but I am an example of someone who has never built one.  Last time I built a 109G was probably a 1/48 kit 40 years ago.  I have not built a P-51B either in the last 40 years.  I had Monogram kits of both when I was a kid but nothing since.  Too many other things have went through my hands and never got around to either.  So I am up for some new kits.

Wow , that must have been about .0000001 of the global market !

96wzJWL.jpg

I better get on board !!

6 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Wow , that must have been about .0000001 of the global market !

96wzJWL.jpg

I better get on board !!

They havnt had any problem selling out the TA152’s, Ho229, HE219, Phantoms and doing second runs.....ZM has zero problems selling kits...

29 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

...and Revell sold out their 'unacceptable' P-51D-5

Makes no difference to me.  :shrug:

If you would prefer a cheap dubious P-51B from Revell that arrives with a busted canopy thats up to you.

Ill take a ZM one anyday over Revell after there recent efforts with limited exceptions ie 262.

And given the success of the company, its selling out and second and third runs(Ta-152)of most of its releases I’m not alone.

Radu got it in one...only aircraft modellers shoot themselves in both feet with new kits and manufacturers.

Armour and ship guys lap them up hence Trumpeter are pumping out excellent AFV’s by the boat load selling faster than hot cakes of T-62’s, T-80’s ,T-90’s, Missile launchers artillery pieces etc etc etc.

Aircraft guys whine about everything...”oh i wont buy that its to complex”...”im not buying that its more than $5”..

A new tool 109G with all the bells and whistles, a HS-129, and AR-234 etc and people are whining...thats aircraft modellers in a nutshell.

Edited by Darren Howie

I'm not up on armor or ships, don't follow their forums but ya, Darren hit it.. just a short week or so ago in another thread people here were moaning and wishing for a new tool P-51 B/C... I anticipated a huge thread on this announcement. Instead we got crickets chirping and a few moaning and complaining about possible things that could/ might/ will be wrong with it... and vowing they won't buy it for various reasons. It seems if it isn't perfect out of the box it's trash.... how far the tone here on LSP has fallen from the times when correcting and scratch building was NORMAL to get what we wanted. Imperfections were diagnosed and corrected with help from many on here.. people made sets and made copies for others... it still happens but man the whining and moaning is getting irritating. If you don't like a certain manufacturer, fine.. no need to post time after time in a conversation on said companies releases how you won't buy their product and run them down.

5 minutes ago, Darren Howie said:

If you would prefer a cheap dubious P-51B from Revell that arrives with a busted canopy thats up to you.

Hey thanks  :)

I think many of my points are being missed/misinterpreted. ZM kits are nice.

They're just way too much for my exptectations in a finished kit.

The fact that a kit sells out doesn't mean it's greater that others. One could

easily say "If it says Revell on it , it will sell". The crappy old Revell 51B has been

reboxed 7 times between 1971 and 2015 and it still sells. If it didn't they wouldn't

keep reboxing it.There are many other examples of mediocre kits selling for years

and years.

BTW , I've purchase hundreds of kits over my life and I've 'never' had a broken

one. Just lucky I guess.

2 minutes ago, spacewolf said:

I'm not up on armor or ships, don't follow their forums but ya, Darren hit it.. just a short week or so ago in another thread people here were moaning and wishing for a new tool P-51 B/C... I anticipated a huge thread on this announcement. Instead we got crickets chirping and a few moaning and complaining about possible things that could/ might/ will be wrong with it... and vowing they won't buy it for various reasons. It seems if it isn't perfect out of the box it's trash.... how far the tone here on LSP has fallen from the times when correcting and scratch building was NORMAL to get what we wanted. Imperfections were diagnosed and corrected with help from many on here.. people made sets and made copies for others... it still happens but man the whining and moaning is getting irritating. If you don't like a certain manufacturer, fine.. no need to post time after time in a conversation on said companies releases how you won't buy their product and run them down.

I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) you're talking about me. Again, you're misinterpreting what

I'm saying. I said I didn't like ZM kits and I said why. That's not whining or moaning or running

them down. I haven't been posting time after time running ZM down, I've posted time after time

in response to people responding to my posts time after time.  I made one simple statement

about ZM kits but some people can't stand to hear criticism of something they like.  Fine, I'll

discuss it all day if they want.  If I'm irritated with something I'm reading, I stop reading it.

2 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

I assume (correct me if I'm wrong) you're talking about me. Again, you're misinterpreting what

I'm saying. I said I didn't like ZM kits and I said why. That's not whining or moaning or running

them down. I haven't been posting time after time running ZM down, I've posted time after time

in response to people responding to my posts time after time.  I made one simple statement

about ZM kits but some people can't stand to hear criticism of something they like.  Fine, I'll

discuss it all day if they want.  If I'm irritated with something I'm reading, I stop reading it.

My post was partly pointed at your comments though not not just yours but the trend I've noticed here on LSP over the last couple of years. It's not that criticism of said kit/ company is what I can't stand, rather it seems you can't state your case and let it go. Certainly I agree that certain of ZM kits have issues, most kit companies have their jewels and their dogs... Revell, Hasagawa, and yes ZM. However It seems you have to have the last word and only your view is right. I agree your views are important as any others on the forum but to belabor the point time after time on a thread focused on this company and it's kits is boorish.